Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

It looks like Midgley's post was removed. Probably a good idea by SeN. Midgley's homophobia is well known and his strange rant about "gay sex and miracles" isn't helping his reputation.

I'm just glad that LOD captured Midgley's post before SeN tried to flush it down the rabbit hole.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

midgley:

Now if people beset with doubts have doubts merely because of certain passions they wish to gratify, then that merely explains the source of their doubts
What an ugly thing to say. Midgley has such disdain and disrespect for any human who disagrees with him. If he represents the lds church, then the lds church is a shameful institution.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:51 am
It looks like Midgley's post was removed. Probably a good idea by SeN. Midgley's homophobia is well known and his strange rant about "gay sex and miracles" isn't helping his reputation.

I'm just glad that LOD captured Midgley's post before SeN tried to flush it down the rabbit hole.
It's there now. Perhaps it was put back up when discovered over here or it's one of the Patheos mysteries as Coach P has told me when some of my comments rise from the dead.
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

I'm sure the proprietor took it down and then put it back when it appeared here. That little game probably happens all the time, and who knows what offensive things Louis has posted that we don't see because it was deleted before anyone could paste it.

Dan's pretty quick on the draw that way, as evidenced by so many of us who experienced temporary bans during one particularly tense night at SeN, which left residual effects on our posting experience despite Dan's many weasel worded denials.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

It should be noted that Louis Midgley has had an intense and burning passion for the topic of homosexuality since at least the 90’s as evidenced by this letter he wrote to the Tanners:

http://www.shields-research.org/Critics/TannerIn.htm

In short, something is going on there...

- Doc
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:52 am
It should be noted that Louis Midgley has had an intense and burning passion for the topic of homosexuality since at least the 90’s as evidenced by this letter he wrote to the Tanners:

Notice, in that essay, how when Midgley mentions the Tanners supposedly "suppressing" some book or other, it merely means they didn't have it for sale on the shelves of their bookstore.

By his own metric, Deseret Book is suppressing the Tanners' books.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Louis Midgley wrote:Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not? And also that recovery of the Book of Mormon and what followed happened because those early Saints were gays, would it not?
A couple of explanations are possible: A transient ischemic attack or possibly temporary possession by the spirit of Boyd K. Packer.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:52 am

In short, something is going on there...

- Doc
Oh my. What a filthy mind Midgley has. And the manners of a mindless oaf.
midgley:

Any of these [facts regarding Quinn’s homosexuality,] if made known to your readers, would undercut Quinn's credibility and prove embarrassing to your efforts...
Midgley wrote that in 1997.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Lemmie wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:25 am
Midgley wrote:Any of these [facts regarding Quinn’s homosexuality,] if made known to your readers, would undercut Quinn's credibility and prove embarrassing to your efforts...
Midgley wrote that in 1997.
It makes you wonder whether Lou and Matt joined the Straight Edge gang at that time, perhaps harassing individuals on the Provo streets who were not wearing white shirts on Sunday. That could have kept any compulsion toward bullying under control in 1997.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Lol.
And today? Maybe I missed something, but is Peterson hinting here that people should just ignore Midgley?

If a hater screeches in a forest and nobody is listening, does the screech really make any sound at all?
That’s a little mean, calling his friend a screech!