Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by _moksha »

Lemmie wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:01 pm
2. I would remind my husband that Midgley is "mean and has publicly said cruel things about me" and rather than nearly inviting him to have dinner at our home, he might have defended me.

3. I could also prevent my husband from disclosing personal information that Midgley "might use in his rudeness."

...She later noted that her husband "clearly missed the name" when she read "the rude troll things" that Midgley has said.
Can you imagine the details of their life Louis Midgley would have revealed if Gina's husband had invited him home to dinner? Not sure how long her husband would have spent sleeping in the dog house for his inattentiveness to detail. :rolleyes:
It's like that person stationed at the Tokyo guard tower failing to pay attention to the notice of a giant radioactive lizard heading that way.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote: Lol. I think they might be cutting off the blood flow to his little brain. Or his littler brain. Something has to explain his constant seething anger and complete lack of emotional control.
He may come off as seethingly angry and lacking emotional control, but that's a persona you're looking at.

What I find interesting is that these people don't realize that the outside world might be looking in on a blog produced by an academic where the topic of discussion inevitably fixates on an obscure message board or trading barbs with it's participants. There's no self awareness there.

Time Lightbox.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Dr. Exiled Fourfingeredjake • 14 hours ago

His humor is harmless. A little mean-spiritedness is what makes it funny. Your host engages in it too when he jousts with certain commenters here. So, how about not being so easily offended?

—-
Kiwi57 Dr. Exiled • 10 hours ago

“His humor is harmless.“

Anti-Semites think Jew jokes are harmless.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 4897567127
Whoa. I don’t know, Jersey Girl, if that’s the persona Pahoran/kiwi is deliberately putting on, then he’s treading in some very dangerous waters with remarks like that. I would prefer to believe he’s just out of control, because to deliberately say that is really sick. What an eyeful gemli’s never-mo followers are getting on that site. No reader of Peterson’s lds blog is ever again going to refer to those “nice” Mormons.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote:
Whoa. I don’t know, Jersey Girl, if that’s the persona Pahoran/kiwi is deliberately putting on, then he’s treading in some very dangerous waters with remarks like that. I would prefer to believe he’s just out of control, because to deliberately say that is really sick. What an eyeful gemli’s never-mo followers are getting on that site. No reader of Peterson’s lds blog is ever again going to refer to those “nice” Mormons.
With regard to the anti-semite jew jokes. Proof positive that he never lifted a finger to check out Smokey. That said, while I don't follow that blog (only seeing snippets of it here when I look in on a thread) he's not saying anything he hasn't said in perhaps thousands of posts over the years. And that's the problem. He recycles those types of remarks and anyone who's read them repeatedly over time wouldn't be at all impressed. Rather they'd be impervious to it and recognize that he's just regurgitating the same one-liners that he has for years.

There's a reason he doesn't post here and it's not because this is scumbag central or a sty. It's because the scumbag remarks that he shoots out don't cut it around here for long.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

DanielPeterson Mod Fred Kratz • 3 hours ago • edited

FK: "So you're wrong."

No, FK. I'm right. You're wrong.

Neener neener neener.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 4899054036
Was it posts like this that Peterson had deleted from MD so he would be taken seriously in court?

Words fail me.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Lemmie wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:14 am
Was it posts like this that Peterson had deleted from MD so he would be taken seriously in court?
In FAIRness, he didn't have any of his own comments deleted from this board. Rather, let's just say it became expedient to remove a thread wherein a poster named Infymus repeatedly suggested that Dr. Peterson's posts here should be brought to Brian David Mitchell's attorneys' attention. The thread itself still exists; it simply resides in the moderator forum now, invisible to all but the moderators.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:33 am
Lemmie wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:14 am
In FAIRness, he didn't have any of his own comments deleted from this board. Rather, let's just say it became expedient to remove a thread wherein a poster named Infymus repeatedly suggested that Dr. Peterson's posts here should be brought to Brian David Mitchell's attorneys' attention. The thread itself still exists; it simply resides in the moderator forum now, invisible to all but the moderators.
Dr. Shades:

With all due respect, don't you think it's time to restore the thread, for the sake of historical study? It's been ten years, for heaven's sake. Brian David Mitchell is in prison. Surely all of that nonsensical kerfuffle has blown over, no? The thing that was so funny about that thread was the Infymus was merely "suggesting" that people be made aware of Dr. Peterson's own posting! I think the whole incident demonstrates your charitable nature, Shades, since *you* deleted *that* thread, but all of DCP's embarrassing commentary on the FAIR/MADboard was left to stand! (Though as I recall, the FAIR/MAD board *did* rather coincidentally "go down" for a brief period around this time; it aroused suspicion, in fact....)

Unlock the vault, Dr. Shades! A commitment to historical scholarship demands it!
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

I just tried, but I can't seem to find it. Do you remember the thread's title?
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:02 am
(Though as I recall, the FAIR/MAD board *did* rather coincidentally "go down" for a brief period around this time; it aroused suspicion, in fact....)
I think about half of all posts were lost in the revamping.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I wonder why this innocuous jokesy statement set The Midge off?

Moksha > Hoosier

"You know, I first wrote pre-visitation Ebenezer, but erased it because it seemed too wordy. Once filled with the Christmas spirit, Ebenezer became a very good guy. Maybe some Christmas Eve, Attila the Hun will pay Trump a visit and show him his ponderous chains. Heck, if Trump added a link for every lie he told, the chain would need to be filmed in segments just to show its enormity. Trump would probably insist that his chain be gold plated."

*insert rage emoji here*

Louis Midgley > Moksha

"MoK, it seems, just cannot seem to rise above he sewer in which he learned to float."

Note Lou's misspelling. You know. Since he's obsessed with that sort of thing.

- Doc