Congratulations to our dear Everybody Wang Chung!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_GameOver
_Emeritus

Re: Congratulations to our dear Everybody Wang Chung!

Post by _GameOver »

WOW!!!

You have my most sincere and deepest sympathy. :biggrin:
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Post by _Sanctorian »

So you can imagine my surprise when I flipped through several editions of the New Stake Presidents announcements and saw that our very own Everybody Wang Chung has been holding out on us. It seems our apologist friends are correct that he isn't a bishop---or, not an actively serving one at least. Our dear Everybody Wang Chung has been called as a Stake President!

Wang Chung is a good friend in real life. I knew about this a few months ago. It’s a great move in my opinion. Not only will he be a great stake president, but he will be able to directly have influence on the next ten years of bishops in his stake. They’ll have some of the most loving and unorthodox bishops. The youth in particular will really benefit from what will surely be a great few years of awesome leadership. Good luck Everybody Wang Chung.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Sanctorian wrote:Wang Chung is a good friend in real life. I knew about this a few months ago. It’s a great move in my opinion. Not only will he be a great stake president, but he will be able to directly have influence on the next ten years of bishops in his stake. They’ll have some of the most loving and unorthodox bishops. The youth in particular will really benefit from what will surely be a great few years of awesome leadership. Good luck Everybody Wang Chung.

Amen. Everybody Wang Chung has a huge opportunity to lead, direct, and teach in a whole new way to influence an entire stake. With it comes risks and suspicion which he surely will encounter but it's worth the risk and the good that may result. I'm sure that Everybody Wang Chung knows full well about the workings and inward happenings of a functioning Stake Presidency. :wink: He knows the scoop and now that he's in the captain's chair he can command and move those mountains like they've never been moved before.

I certainly hope that the first order of business is to ensure that bishops do not hassle underage kids about masturbation. Everybody Wang Chung will need to nip that one in the bud and instruct bishops to steer clear of sexually explicit questions. I imagine some bishops might not like being told they can't do that and others will welcome the change and feel a sense of relief.

Mormonism in *that* part of the vineyard is about to change -- for the good.

Yeah!

:cool:
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

You better hope Prie$tcraft Peter$on and Louis "spit or swallow" Midgley don't know your in real life identity. You may never get a chance to give that "STUPID damned Mormons" sermon we all know you have ready for your first Stake conference address.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

Congratulating each other on callings always felt awkward to me. But congrats. I'm feeling much like Craig says above, I don't know how one would do that. It felt like I tried to make it work for years only to feel defeated over and over again. And, with that, there was no way they'd ever consider me for some high level on the local side position. But considering some of the SPs I've had over the years, you'd certainly be welcome and refreshing change.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Stem wrote:Congratulating each other on callings always felt awkward to me. But congrats. I'm feeling much like Craig says above, I don't know how one would do that. It felt like I tried to make it work for years only to feel defeated over and over again. And, with that, there was no way they'd ever consider me for some high level on the local side position. But considering some of the SPs I've had over the years, you'd certainly be welcome and refreshing change.

You make a good point. Can you imagine doing the job of a Stake President for free? Like, you know this real estate conglomerate disguised as a church is pimping you out so you can ensure your capos Bishops are collecting that shakedown money conducting the Lord's work, and you have meeting after meeting to discuss their business dealings tending to the flock, get to travel around to the various franchises Wards to make sure the store management leadership is staying on message preaching the gospel, and you do this dirty work uplifting mission, sacrificing time away from your family and personal interests for free!

SOUNDS AMAZING. SIGN ME THE “F” UP.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:You make a good point. Can you imagine doing the job of a Stake President for free? Like, you know this real estate conglomerate disguised as a church is pimping you out so you can ensure your capos Bishops are collecting that shakedown money conducting the Lord's work, and you have meeting after meeting to discuss their business dealings tending to the flock, get to travel around to the various franchises Wards to make sure the store management leadership is staying on message preaching the gospel, and you do this dirty work uplifting mission, sacrificing time away from your family and personal interests for free!

SOUNDS AMAZING. SIGN ME THE ____ UP.

- Doc

Its certainly tough to imagine.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Wow...

Everybody Wang Chung...does your family know of your double life? That must be a hard thing to deal with if they don’t.

I attended a funeral the other day of the mother of my best LDS friend I had growing up. The SP who presided spoke for about a half hour and it was beyond nauseating. I would venture to say he was down right lying about a dream he claimed to have had...it was so long winded, and with so much detail and interconnecting parts that it was beyond any Dream I have ever come close to having....he never stumbled, he had no notes, it was professionally delivered, and it was obvious he has told the story a 100 times. It was pure BS and made me sick inside.

Point being, I hope you passively challenge the folks to think, and allow them to see both sides so they can weigh what they have been dealt, and then make a choice....instead of the pompous BS coming from men like I witnesses at the funeral.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Well, one thing is for sure. Everybody Wang Chung won't be referring members of his questioning flock to search FAIR and FARMS for answers about the Book of Abraham. He better not!

:lol:

What's he going to do when someone enters his office and opens up their Triple Combination to Facsimile No. 3 and asks: "What happened to Anubis's nose?" What will Everybody Wang Chung say?

Answer: See below,
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:I recognize that my views of the Book of Mormon, LGTBQ and Church history are very unorthodox and at odds with much of the Church leadership, but maybe that's what the Church needs right now.

Hell no! We need you to make it to the Seventy. Be charismatic and make everyone feel the spirit. Please impress your leaders so you can make it to the seventy please. We need you as a hero.

kairos wrote:Everybody Wang Chung be careful- knowing that DCP tried to id you, didn't he, when he thought you might be on a tour he was leading, will, i think really, put his sources into play to id you. you can do a lot from the inside but please be careful!

just recommendin
k

I think this thread needs to be deleted immediately! It is obvious that Everybody Wang Chung is a new stake president and that is just too much information about him.