"Mormon TALK" IS BACK!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: A Twitter feed called "Mormon Talk" now exists.

Post by _Dr. Shades »

They are live every Monday evening at 8:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time. The show ended right before I began typing this, so it looks like the show runs for about three hours.

Folks, I can't possibly stress enough how rewarding it may be to tune in again next week at the appropriate time. I don't think I should give away any spoilers, but if tonight's episode was typical fare, then I solemnly declare that watching and listening to this program will be VERY WELL WORTH your time.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: A Twitter feed called "Mormon Talk" now exists.

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Dr. Shades wrote:They are live every Monday evening at 8:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time. The show ended right before I began typing this, so it looks like the show runs for about three hours.

Folks, I can't possibly stress enough how rewarding it may be to tune in again next week at the appropriate time. I don't think I should give away any spoilers, but if tonight's episode was typical fare, then I solemnly declare that watching and listening to this program will be VERY WELL WORTH your time.

I cannot possibly agree more!!!!!!!! I'm gettin on that chat live man.........oh what opportunities awaits!!!!!!! My gosh what a gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what entertainment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: A twitch feed called "Mormon Talk" now exists.

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:Dr.Shades, is this a weekly show? If so, I know what I am going to be watching next week.

Again, yes; it's a weekly show.

But more to the point, I know what you mean. I for one WILL NOT MISS the next show. I am going to be figuratively GLUED to the screen.

And no, the above is absolutely NOT sarcasm.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_AZCaesar
_Emeritus

Post by _AZCaesar »

Dr. Shades wrote: ...live right now (22:18 Mountain Standard Time)...
...every Monday evening at 8:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time...

Pretty sure you mean Mountain Daylight Time
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I loaded the video and advanced through it taking in small portions and peeking at the comments generated in chat. These guys are a couple of retards, period. You'd get more talking to a bag of rocks then you would from these geeks -- they're dummy 1 and dummy 2, in the flesh.

Sure, it would be easy to lob the Book of Abraham at them and watch them squirm like worms. They wouldn't know what to say. They'd probably just say that BYU scholarship has already demonstrated lots of evidence to show credibility to the authenticity of the Book of Abraham and if you'll just pray about it the Spirit will help you understand that the book is true.

A couple of goofy boys making fools of themselves. It's entertainment and foolish talk to say the least.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Read some Dr. Shades live stream comments. Much better than the average comments.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

EXCELLENT NEWS!!

Folks, the second half of the show has been archived and is available for our viewing pleasure. For some odd reason, the video starts when the host took a break, but fortunately for us he accidentally left his microphone on so you can (barely) hear his unfiltered thoughts. If you'd like to get straight to the action, though, skip ahead to about the seven-minute mark.

The video is at:

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/463192827

Pay special attention to the Freudian slips; they're absolutely to die for.

moksha wrote:Read some Dr. Shades live stream comments. Much better than the average comments.

Aww, shucks. :-) Thanks!

--Louis Midgley
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Wouldn't it be great if Midgley and Peterson did this too? :biggrin:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_giveuptheguilt
_Emeritus

Post by _giveuptheguilt »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news with my first post, but have a strong suspicion we are all being trolled. I don’t think this show is real and is actually a big joke on both those for and against the church. Why do I think this?

1. The name- Carson o. Kimball. Can’t find anything on Twitter or Facebook about him. He would be all over it if trying to get viewers.
  2. The constant gay reference. The two of them are obviously trying to make it appear as they are more than friends and constantly denying it.
  3. The sexual references ie: “I like hard balls” said multiple times, “my friend was already coming when he got whacked off” (said during his rafting story, when his partner showed up he said “gotta go get on my knees” and then explained he was talking about praying.
  4. The garments inflating like floaters reference( also during rafting story)
  5. His dialogue concerning Mormon Doctrine, and just because things were removed doesn’t make them not true. A true believer tries to distance themself from this book and its controversial content.
  6. Carson stating that Joseph smith had several wives but only had sex with Emma, again something even the most devout don’t believe.

These guys are brilliant. Had me 100% fooled. The thing that is so brilliant is they are trolling members as well as the not so friendly towards Mormon groups. So glad I stumbled across this.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

That was one of the first accusations I read about this twitch feed, before I tuned in. It's a valid point, but I sincerely believe that these guys are real because of how flustered and annoyed they get when prank callers get through. If they were faking it, they'd see the humor and not be upset at all.

But no, these two are pretty much humorless.

--Louis Midgley