"Mormon TALK" IS BACK!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_giveuptheguilt
_Emeritus

Re: A twitch feed called "Mormon Talk" now exists.

Post by _giveuptheguilt »

That’s why it’s so brilliant. As mentioned I was totally fooled. It wasn’t until I watched a video on YouTube where all of their double entendres were played back to back that I was convinced it is not real. The fact that they act so frustrated is the brilliance. I’m sure I haven’t convinced you, but I know if I had to put money down I know where I would put it. Real or fake, it is comedy gold.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

giveuptheguilt wrote:That’s why it’s so brilliant. As mentioned I was totally fooled. It wasn’t until I watched a video on YouTube where all of their double entendres were played back to back that I was convinced it is not real. The fact that they act so frustrated is the brilliance. I’m sure I haven’t convinced you, but I know if I had to put money down I know where I would put it. Real or fake, it is comedy gold.

My instincts tell me you're right. Nobody could be that damned dumb as those clowns.

Dr. Shades wrote:The video is at:

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/463192827

First 10 minutes of talk and he's thrown in all this:

Slip into the crack

How you shoot

Wack job

Splash it all over everyone

:eek:

Hey Shades-baby,

5 more minutes in and they keep coming (no pun intended)

You are not here touching me

Show me every corner of my closet

I don't engage in fir play
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Please be real. Please be real.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Our Heavenly Father in his infinite wisdom placed a spark within us a light that burns . . . . this flame is a gift but one that can only be developed when we give no place for judgments that we spill on ourselves . . . .

Hey, Shades: You've been had.

:lol:

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:Please be real. Please be real.

It's gay boys doing their thingy.

Causes sweat to pour all around us on the floor

But even if we slip our talents are still a gift he expects us to give to the world

Then:

A cute boy in a sling bobbing up and down -- straps in his crotch -- looking like he's getting off!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

. . . . no matter how daring . . . .

This while:

A dude is stuffing a carrot in and out of his mouth.

People. This is gay stuff. If you can't see it, you're damned blind!

That's it. I'm done. I'm not watching the rest. It's nasty crap. Shades, you've been duped. Think what you want.

:twisted:

giveuptheguilt,

I'm glad you were able to give up the guilt.

:wink:

_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Oh, I'll be the first to admit that there's a great deal of reason to believe that it's a couple of ex-Mormons engaging in some horseplay. But then I recall Poe's Law and realize that yes, there are innumerable Chapel Mormons out there who really are clueless about the deeper issues facing the church and will say whatever they think will work in order to defend their beliefs. I was the same way once.

Now, the Freudian slips and double entendres are probably the closest things to "tells" on the show, BUT innocent and pure-minded people routinely, and unintentionally, say things that are taken in a dirty, and therefore humorous, way by the more worldly people surrounding them.

At the end of the day, though, I fall in the camp of the show being real because the two of them simply get too frustrated when things don't go their way, when they take too long to identify a prank caller, or when someone breaks their rules. Their irritation is palpable. It's borderline superhuman for anyone to be able to hold a poker face for THAT long. I'm not buying it.

(I'm rambling now, but) I've seen good actors in my day, yet I seriously doubt that the show is fake because it isn't humanly possible to be THIS good of an actor. One guy, conceivably, but two guys, and on the very same show? Again, I ain't buyin' it. But if it is indeed somehow the case that they're making the whole thing up, then these two deserve about a dozen honorary academy awards for Best Actor.

. . . perhaps that alone is reason enough to watch them. Their acting is SO incredibly good that it may as well be real as far as the viewer is concerned. (By means of analogy, we know that the movies are fake, but we still go out and watch them if the entertainment value is high enough, do we not?)

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

giveuptheguilt wrote:Real or fake, it is comedy gold.

On that we can all agree.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Dr. Shades wrote:I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Well said. Well said. You're taking it all in stride. That's good.

Oh, these guys are good at what they do. They have passion and are on a mission.

I confess, I have the advantage of seeing right through it because of my experience in being one of the boys.

:mrgreen:
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

ADDENDUM:

In the chat side-bar, when Carson reads someone's comment accusing him of being a furry, he gets all flustered and says, "We do not need furry accusers in this church."

The fact that he could verbally utter that sentence and *NOT* bust up laughing is proof positive to me that it's real.

Don't believe me? Utter it out loud yourself and watch what happens.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Dr. Shades wrote:The fact that he could verbally utter that sentence and *NOT* bust up laughing is proof positive to me that it's real.

I'm putting my money along side with giveuptheguilt and leave it at that.

Those boys are dirty. I can tell. Oh, they're dirty alright.

he he he
_giveuptheguilt
_Emeritus

Post by _giveuptheguilt »

I once heard an actor say that the hardest acting on earth is trying to act like you are not acting (think Best in Show). These boys are getting the EXACT reaction they are hoping and it is a beautiful thing to watch.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

“Talent Talk” submissions include:

A pearl necklace,
‘Fanny Algae’,
Lil’ Riker ‘riding his pogo’ ...

The comments during just that last one suggest what’s happening here. Nikolai’s video and the sheer volume of innuendo seal the deal for me.
; )