"Mormon TALK" IS BACK!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: A twitch feed called "Mormon Talk" now exists.

Post by _Dr. Shades »

canpakes wrote:A pearl necklace,
‘Fanny Algae’,
Lil’ Riker ‘riding his pogo’ ...

You make a very good case, but is it possible that those who submitted those, uh, submissions were just trolling the hosts?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Dr. Shades wrote:
‘Fanny Algae’,

You make a very good case, but is it possible that those who submitted those, uh, submissions were just trolling the hosts?

Yes, it's possible but considering all the innuendo across the board it seems highly unlikely to me that these guys are legit. But hey, I've been wrong before! Maybe, I'm wrong again. It's possible.

I have a feeling you're going to get to the bottom of this because you want to know the truth.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Dr. Shades wrote:
‘Fanny Algae’,

I don’t think so, especially given that the innuendo-laced commentary is originating from the hosts. So even if what you’re saying is what is happening, the hosts definitely seem to be taking that content and riffing off of that to their advantage, as satire.

I could be wrong, but I’m keeping my money on this bet for now.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

canpakes wrote:I don’t think so, especially given that the innuendo-laced commentary is originating from the hosts. So even if what you’re saying is what is happening, the hosts definitely seem to be taking that content and riffing off of that to their advantage, as satire.

I could be wrong, but I’m keeping my money on this bet for now.

Yep, I agree with you on this.

The whole thing appears to be a satire but it remains to be seen just how far these guys are going to take it and what their real intentions are. I think it's safe to say they are attempting to damage the reputation of the church.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Getting close. Only a few hours now.......
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Yep more shall be revealed. I trust that Shades will get to the bottom of it .

:idea:

Stupid damned Mormons!
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

I'm definitely in! See ya all in a few hours. I type fast, so this is gonna get good. I ain't takin no guff from em.

We can call this OUR Family Home Evening... :lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Hahahaa. Great stuff! The exchange with the caller who suggests he does meditation, and the host says "I am on MEDICATION, but I'm not going to disclose the details..."

Hahahaha.

I hope this is real. Oh god how I hope it's real.

"Please be real. Please be real."
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

No way is this for real It's too good to be true. crap.

Has anyone figured out how to do a download of the episodes?
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

ok, I'm all signed up. You have to follow them in order to post. I've been trying to chat since there is chat going on before the show, but it won't let me, it says its in 1 day follower mode only. Whatever that means. Sheesh!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."