Midgley, keeping tabs on ?????the enemy?????

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Midgley, keeping tabs on “the enemy”

Post by _Lemmie »

I know I am new to the mopologist world, so maybe this is nothing but I was more than a little disturbed to read this response to Dr. Shades, by Midgley, after Midgley listed a bunch of items he “learned” about Shades by listening in on a conversation between Shades and another person:

Dr. Shades >> Louis Midgley 3 hours ago

You secretly wrote down a conversation I was having with a different person, and you kept an electronic file on me containing no less than ten different items. . . and you expect me to believe that you're NOT interested in my favorite song??

Color me skeptical.

——
Louis Midgley >> Dr. Shades 3 hours ago

Dear Dr. Shades:

Secretly? I merely made a tiny note of a very amusing conversation. And the nine other items were merely placed in a file under your real name...

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/danp ... 4580766409

:eek:
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Midgley, keeping tabs on “the enemy”

Post by _Lemmie »

Omg it gets worse. (Same link):

Louis Midgley Dr. Shades 3 hours ago

I am actually not at all interested in "Dr. Shades" at all. Merely a bit amused. I have, however, long been interested in critics of the Church of Jesus Christ, and even in those who are clearly crackpots driven by some malevolent passion.

Nine of the ten items were what i saved from what others, several of whom were then fellow FairMormon volunteers, had uncovered about "Dr. Shades."

I was merely a casual observer, who make a file. Except for that one instance when a very nervous and hesitant "Dr. Shades" had that conversation with Richard Anderson, I given exactly no attention to "Dr. Shades." Until he began making cameo appearances of Dan's blog, and sent a bunch of fake doctors and fake professors to opine and/or up-vote what is clearly false and evil stuff being posted by critics on Dan's blog.

Uncovered!? Others?! SEVERAL OTHERS?? What on earth is wrong with these people???
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

The Midget 21 hours ago

And it is not really strange for someone to call themselves a Little Old Donkey? Grunt, grunt, or whatever Donkey do!

BYU, folks.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Physics Guy
_Emeritus

Post by _Physics Guy »

Any way to see samples of Midgley's blog comments from, say, five years ago? Were they more consistently free of grammatical slips and left-out words or was he always a careless writer in this kind of forum?

I'm still worried that we might all be rolling our eyes at someone in the early stages of dementia. His comments are weird as well as obnoxious and he doesn't write like most professors I know. Perhaps he was always obnoxious but has his writing declined?
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Physics Guy wrote:Any way to see samples of Midgley's blog comments from, say, five years ago?

site:patheos.com/blogs/danpeterson/ midgley

After scrolling through some hits I rando clicked on this:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... qus_thread

Dumb.

If you look further back Louis Midget has always been a semi-literate idiot. BYU’s public face, folks.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Physics Guy wrote:Any way to see samples of Midgley's blog comments from, say, five years ago? Were they more consistently free of grammatical slips and left-out words or was he always a careless writer in this kind of forum?

I'm still worried that we might all be rolling our eyes at someone in the early stages of dementia. His comments are weird as well as obnoxious and he doesn't write like most professors I know. Perhaps he was always obnoxious but has his writing declined?

Do you think it is dementia that has him imagining that several FairMormon members contributed to keeping a file on Dr. Shades’ in real life data? Or is it just dementia that is spilling the beans now?

Either way Peterson doesn’t seem to think it’s necessary to protect his friend from himself, but maybe someone should ask him about it.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Louis Midgley > Dr. Shades

11 hours ago edited

The reason is that I needed just a bit of a nudge, which you were kind enough to provide, to check a file that is packed with some curious but also grimy details. Without fake doctors turning up from what some might see as a kind of gutter, if not open sewer, or what Dan described as "your toxic hate site." and you making cameo appearances on Dan's blog filled with challenges and whatever, I would not have recalled an item in the FairMormon wiki, nor did I remember once knowing about something that once took at Sunstone.

At one point I started keeping electronic files. And, for an odd reason, the very first item in an old electronic file just happens to consist of perhaps ten separate items with amusing bits of information about you, without the fake doctor handle, none of which I will mention. It seems that others at FairMormon have addressed your speculation about two different types of "Mormon" identity that you once insisted clash. And that has been mentioned recently on this very blog entry.

This has to be one of Dr. Scratch's watershed moments. BYU faculty implicated in a Watergate'ish scandal of keeping enemy dossiers verified by The Midge.

- Doc

_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Mr. Midgley wrote:I was merely a casual observer, who make a file.

This says it all about the moral bankruptcy of Mopologetics and also the inability to think clearly about morality.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Midgley doesn't know it yet as the beans have not been spilled, but I and some very secret internet friends are keeping files on him, Peterson, Kiwi57, and Peter Pan. Needless to say, we have unearthed some amazing stuff! It will be very useful in the future, especially after the Witnesses Film comes out. My connections at BYU (and a onetime insider at FARMS) has and is proving very useful!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

I suppose I shouldn’t be shocked, since the Mopologists can’t defeat the critics on the field of battle, so they have no real choice but to ferret out their opponents’ personal details.

Still, being cyber-stalked is a very odd feeling. Perhaps I should be flattered that they consider me that important.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley