President Nelson's BYU Speech Today

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: President Nelson's BYU Speech Today

Post by _Shulem »

President :twisted: NelSatan wrote:The first truth is that everybody is a child of God and God loves everybody perfectly and infinitely.

consiglieri,

I will agree that everybody is a child of God. Mormons don't teach that God loves everybody perfectly and infinitely. It has been taught over the Mormon pulpit that God's love is CONDITIONAL and if his love is conditional then that also means it is finite and cannot be infinite. In order for God's love to be infinite it must needs be unconditional love with no strings attached.

Conditional love is not only finite but it is also imperfect or incomplete having strings attached. In order for love to be perfect it must be unconditional and therefore it's complete -- being whole.

The concept of Mormon god as taught by Mormon prophets is an abomination. The Mormons really are a spiritually lost people spreading disease on the earth.

Bring NelSatan before me, Shulem, that I may rebuke him before the whole world.

I rebuke you, NelSatan!

With uplifted hand, I rebuke you!

Shulem
_Grudunza
_Emeritus

Post by _Grudunza »

Russell M. Nelson, January 2016:
“The First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles counsel together and share all the Lord has directed us to understand and to feel individually and collectively. And then we watch the Lord move upon the President of the Church to proclaim the Lord’s will.

This prophetic process was followed in 2012 with the change in minimum age for missionaries and again with the recent additions to the Church’s handbook, consequent to the legalization of same-sex marriage in some countries. Filled with compassion for all, and especially for the children, we wrestled at length to understand the Lord’s will in this matter. Ever mindful of God’s plan of salvation and of His hope for eternal life for each of His children, we considered countless permutations and combinations of possible scenarios that could arise. We met repeatedly in the temple in fasting and prayer and sought further direction and inspiration. And then, when the Lord inspired His prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, to declare the mind of the Lord and the will of the Lord, each of us during that sacred moment felt a spiritual confirmation. It was our privilege as Apostles to sustain what had been revealed to President Monson. Revelation from the Lord to His servants is a sacred process, and so is your privilege of receiving personal revelation.”

After repeatedly throwing Monson and Hinckley under the bus about the Mormon name, Nelson has accomplished a rare feat... throwing himself under the bus!
:surprised:

Well done, Russell. Say “hi” to Tom and Gordie under there, and also Brigham (though BY has been thrown under the bus so often now that only small fragments of his bones and beard remain).
http://www.WeirdAlma.com
Weird Alma - Prophet of the New Disputation
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Grudunza wrote:After repeatedly throwing Monson and Hinckley under the bus about the Mormon name, Nelson has accomplished a rare feat... throwing himself under the bus!

To me, it seems as if the Lord is the one being thrown under the bus.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_reflexzero
_Emeritus

Post by _reflexzero »

Ever mindful of God’s plan of salvation and of His hope for eternal life for each of His children, we considered countless permutations and combinations of possible scenarios that could arise.

It seems that pain and anguish was not among the countless scenarios and permutations.

Or.. “this might not work.”
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.
_Grudunza
_Emeritus

Post by _Grudunza »

reflexzero wrote:
Ever mindful of God’s plan of salvation and of His hope for eternal life for each of His children, we considered countless permutations and combinations of possible scenarios that could arise.

It seems that pain and anguish was not among the countless scenarios and permutations.

Or.. “this might not work.”

Right. Dr. Strange calculated that it would work in 13,999,999 out of 14 million scenarios. We just happened to pull that 1 bad one. Whoopsie.
http://www.WeirdAlma.com
Weird Alma - Prophet of the New Disputation
_Finn the human
_Emeritus

Post by _Finn the human »

Although I did roll my eyes a significant amount of times while reading President Nelson’s talk I think he deserves some points for at least trying to address the reason for the quick reversal of the 2015 revelation. The easiest and simplest path is to ignore that it happened at all. Well, I guess he could apologize and call it a mistake, that could work too. I also award points to the Deseret News for allowing comments on the article.

President Nelson alleges that the reversal was due to love, but as I read the article I kept hearing a cantankerous Elder Packer say in the MormonLeaks video “if they think we will move on these issues, they do not know us.” It seems obvious to me that the cause for the 2015 revelation was simply bigotry caused by a group of elderly white gentleman who were a product of their times.
Mathematical!
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

A good bumper sticker could be
Mormonism: Ever Revealing and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_GameOver
_Emeritus

Post by _GameOver »

I haven’t listened to it because I don’t want to. But based upon what I’ve read, this was a CYA talk because Mr. Prideful is receiving backlash about being a “prophet”. It seems like the youthful members are exercising their thinker muscles .... hence the need to address the issue.

I absolutely LOVE what the internet is doing to the Church and to those who study. :mrgreen:
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

Holy Ghost wrote:So, consig: How is the gaggle of TBMs receiving Nelson's message? Unquestioningly?

Over on the other board the TBMs are falling all over themselves defending Rusty and his failed revelation and the 180 degree reversal. They would rather throw god under the bus than admit that their beloved leader could be fallible.
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

sunstoned wrote:
Holy Ghost wrote:So, consig: How is the gaggle of TBMs receiving Nelson's message? Unquestioningly?

Over on the other board the TBMs are falling all over themselves defending Rusty and his failed revelation and the 180 degree reversal. They would rather throw god under the bus than admit that their beloved leader could be fallible.

P.S. I just wanted to add some of their personally worship is just sickening.