Billy Shears Literally Destroys Kiwi57 on Sic et Non

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Billy Shears Literally Destroys Kiwi57 on Sic et Non

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Discussing the Mountain Meadows Massacre over on Dan's site, and Kiwi57 is desperately trying to make sure there is nothing holier than a celestial second anointing for all those who murdered the poor folks at Mountain Meadows, Billy Shears simply decimates him with his own church leaders. Amazing!

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... ssace.html

Billy Shears Kiwi57 • a day ago
Ironically, Brigham said it was God that did it.

•Reply•Share ›
Kiwi57 Billy Shears • a day ago
Ironically, those who prate about "critical thinking" seem to immediately forget what it means when they see a claim that matches their prejudices.

•Reply•Share ›
Billy Shears Kiwi57 • 11 hours ago
Are you suggesting that when he visited the site, Brigham Young did not say that the marker should read, "Vengeance is mine, and I have taken a little"?

•Reply•Share ›
Kiwi57 Billy Shears • 6 hours ago
There is more than one report of Brigham's remarks, and they don't both say the same thing.

•Reply•Share ›
Billy Shears Kiwi57 • 3 hours ago
That is true. The version I'm presuming is true is what Wilford Woodruff wrote in his journal. That seems to be the most reliable and charitable.

KA-BLAM!!!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Phaedrus Ut
_Emeritus

Re: Billy Shears Literally Destroys Kiwi57 on Sic et Non

Post by _Phaedrus Ut »

Based on the clueless confidence I'm guessing Kiwi57 is Pahoran/McGregor.
_TrashcanMan79
_Emeritus

Post by _TrashcanMan79 »

Phaedrus Ut wrote:Based on the clueless confidence I'm guessing Kiwi57 is Pahoran/McGregor.

You guess correctly.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I'm reading Blood of the Prophets right now. BY was responsible.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Exiled wrote:I'm reading Blood of the Prophets right now. BY was responsible.

No he wasn't. Kiwi57 said so.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Exiled wrote:I'm reading Blood of the Prophets right now. BY was responsible.

No he wasn't. Kiwi57 said so.

I know. I must be hell bent on blaming BY because of some evil motive I supposedly have that I don't even realize ..... so disregard his preaching, the crazy reformation and threats to shut down the overland trails and disregard BY thinking that he had to send a message to Lee to prevent the massacre (because of the prior order BY had given??????)
Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Dr LOD
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr LOD »

TrashcanMan79 wrote:
Phaedrus Utah wrote:Based on the clueless confidence I'm guessing Kiwi57 is Pahoran/McGregor.

You guess correctly.

So is he the McGregor who is the UFO nut? Or is he the one who had a real academic career writing about social issues Australian aborigines?
_Phaedrus Ut
_Emeritus

Post by _Phaedrus Ut »

Years and years ago both Kerry Shirts and Russell McGregor were defenders of the faith on boards like this and even published together If I recall correctly. I liked Kerry because he was a truth seeker and would engage in interesting conversation. Pahoran on the other hand seemed insecure about his ignorance and liked to use being an asshole as his last line of defense.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Phaedrus Ut wrote:Years and years ago both Kerry Shirts and Russell McGregor were defenders of the faith on boards like this and even published together If I recall correctly. I liked Kerry because he was a truth seeker and would engage in interesting conversation. Pahoran on the other hand seemed insecure about his ignorance and liked to use being an asshole as his last line of defense at every possible opportunity.

Sorry, man. I couldn't resist.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

I hope the OP doesn’t mind my posting only a tangential reference to Billy Shears, but he has quite a sense of humor. I appreciated the irony of his exchange here with midgley:
Louis Midgley DanielPeterson
a month ago

Dan:
Please delete Dr. Shades.

Billy Shears Louis Midgley
a month ago

I second the motion. The comment section of this blog shouldn’t tolerate people who rely on ad hominin attacks to avoid substantial discussion of the issues.

:lol: