McNuggets RFM

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

McNuggets RFM

Post by _Dr Moore »

It is fascinating to hear yet more sermons regarding priesthood blessings requiring primarily the faith not to be healed. Why do our progressive leaders not simply eliminate priesthood blessings and defer these actions to what they are? Which is, mere petitions.

The message being repeatedly advanced here by church leaders implies that the prayer of a faithful woman is pari passu with a priesthood blessing. Outcome data supports this conclusion.

RFM’s evil laugh at 1:07:30 is a work of art. Repeated at 1:08:12 and 1:14:35. It’s like a trio of clues.

ETA: link https://radiofreemormon.org/2019/10/rad ... mcnuggets/
Last edited by Guest on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Finn the human
_Emeritus

Re: McNuggets RFM

Post by _Finn the human »

The important thing, when giving blessings, is to use the recipients faithfulness and God’s will as a hedge. That way no one is chagrined if the blessing doesn’t cause the desired outcome. Something along the lines of “I bless you to be healed according to your faith and according to God’s will...” It’s also helpful to just cover all the possible outcomes in the blessing. “I bless you to be healed. I bless you with the faith to not be healed. I also bless you to stay the same if it be God’s will.”

I have a Mormon friend who grew up without a father in the house. She said she always felt a little degraded when church members would comment on the lack of priesthood in their home. But she said they would always try to get a home teacher to give a blessing when needed. This makes sense when you compare all the pageantry that goes into a priesthood blessing (anointing of oil etc) vs. a mere prayer from your mom.
Mathematical!
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Dr Moore wrote:RFM’s evil laugh at 1:07:30 is a work of art. Repeated at 1:08:12 and 1:14:35. It’s like a trio of clues.

"RFM" = ?

And what video do I need to watch at the 1:07:30, 1:08:12, and 1:14:35 marks?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_TrashcanMan79
_Emeritus

Post by _TrashcanMan79 »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Dr Moore wrote:RFM’s evil laugh at 1:07:30 is a work of art. Repeated at 1:08:12 and 1:14:35. It’s like a trio of clues.

"RFM" = ?

And what video do I need to watch at the 1:07:30, 1:08:12, and 1:14:35 marks?

I believe the good Doctor is referring to Radio Free Mormon's latest.
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

Below reported by D. Michael Quinn and others:

"When he was eleven years old, James E. Talmage accidentally blinded his younger brother Albert with a pitchfork. At age thirty-one, while writing the first draft of The Articles of Faith, James asked members of the First Presidency and Twelve to administer to his brother. They inquired if he had the faith to be healed after twenty years of blindness, and Albert said, “Yes.” In the priesthood ordinance of healing, they promised him a complete restoration of his sight. James recorded his equally unconditional expectation for the fulfillment of this apostolic blessing. Days passed, then weeks, then months, and Albert remained blind. Years passed, and Albert received equally emphatic promises of restored sight from other apostles and prophets. He remained blind the rest of his life. Did either brother experience religious doubts as a consequence? The diaries of James E. Talmage do not say so specifically, but they do indicate his own bewilderment and ultimate resignation about the non-fulfillment of priesthood blessings given and received in absolute faith."

Lack of faith? I do not think so!

k
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

“Accidentally.”

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Dr. Shades wrote:"RFM" = ?

This was the most unkindest cut of all.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

consiglieri wrote:

If you think that was unkind just imagine someone telling you you've been drinking "whenever you post an image".

:mad:
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

consiglieri wrote:

To be fair every time I see 'RFM' I immediately think of exmormon.org. Way back in 2001 Recover from Mormonism lit a match to my shelf and inadvertently burned the house down, too.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

Are you suggesting that I carried around a vial of Salad dressing for NOTHING!!!

STUPID damned Mormons

All Hail Google GOD and her Son eBay and the holy toaster youtube.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins