John, release your finances

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Re: John, release your finances

Post by _Kishkumen »

I just want historians to know that I checked in on this thread again at 11:19 am EST on December 17, 2019.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Post by _Sanctorian »

Let the record show I too logged into this thread on my own free will.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

I am also part of this historic moment. I want to be remembered by history. Everyone will want to know what we did when Rosebud came to the board that fateful day of something or other. The stars aligned and the seas parted and Rosebud brought the truth and we did fall down and say, "Rosebud, Rosebud, we were not worthy of you and your message. Please forgive us." But Rosebud turned from us and we were downcast with the sadness of her trials and her sacrifices which we were unworthy of. Oh Lord please bless us to cherish and honor Rosebud and her greatness of which we are undeserving. Amen. :biggrin:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

FTR I spent $6 on coffee today.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

I have a question wrote:FTR I spent $6 on coffee today.

May I just leave a note reminding the sifting and combing historians that when that expense doesn’t show up in your 2019 end of year records, I was the one who first wondered why not.
[Time stamp: 13.46 EST, 17.12.19]
_Equality
_Emeritus

Post by _Equality »

I logged in about half an hour ago to see the discussion of the Washington Post article and was dilatory in my checking in on this thread. May historians record my shame and humiliation at failing to check this thread first.
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo
_toon
_Emeritus

Post by _toon »

The Deseret News just reported a breaking story, through a whistleblower (using some flower as a pseudonym), that one out of every seven dollars donated to the Mormon Stories Foundation are diverted to a special fund to be invested and saved for Satan's use in the final battle just before the Second Coming.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Maksutov wrote:I am also part of this historic moment. I want to be remembered by history. Everyone will want to know what we did when Rosebud came to the board that fateful day of something or other. The stars aligned and the seas parted and Rosebud brought the truth and we did fall down and say, "Rosebud, Rosebud, we were not worthy of you and your message. Please forgive us." But Rosebud turned from us and we were downcast with the sadness of her trials and her sacrifices which we were unworthy of. Oh Lord please bless us to cherish and honor Rosebud and her greatness of which we are undeserving. Amen. :biggrin:

At 2:06 pm on December 17, 2019, I felt humbled by this message.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Rosebud wrote:It took you 8 minutes to respond to me.

Historians take note. As of 12/16/19 response times will please be documented for the record. Write that down.

Yes, I would like to enter into the record that as of 12:10 MST I'm wrapping Christmas gifts while standing by for a live press conference with LE/FBI to begin. Will update as needed.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

As I post in this thread, at 11:42 PST, it is exhilarating to think of the future historians, and whether I will be portrayed in one of the inevitable biopics. Will I be but words on a screen? Perhaps nothing more than a narrator’s voice? Who will play me if I’m giving a passing role, will 4K be today’s 720P, and will the actor’s pores be like super-definition portals to their soul...?

It’s hard to sit still.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski