John, release your finances

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: John, release your finances

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Flaming Meaux
_Emeritus

Post by _Flaming Meaux »

Meh. This John you speak of probably only has sway to pull $250k because (i) many ex-Mormons can't seem to shake the savior complex they built up while being a Mormon, and (ii) many other ex-Mormons can't seem to shake their need to find some prophet or other individual to do their thinking for them.

Whether its John Dehlin, Sam Young, Kate Kelley, or a host of others yet unnamed, the lyrics change but the music remains the same.

Fortunately ex-Mormons as a group have a bunch of self-appointed saviors to save us from all of the other false saviors that have arisen to profit off the collective need that a seeming majority of the group retains to find a savior, so that's...... good?
_Red Ryder
_Emeritus

Post by _Red Ryder »

Perhaps his accountant has been busy but doesn’t he have until November 15th assuming it was extended?

2017 shows his compensation as $109,500 so a jump to 250K would be a significant increase.

https://www.citizenaudit.org/2018_05_EO/27-2026793_990_201712.pdf/
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

Red Ryder wrote:Perhaps his accountant has been busy but doesn’t he have until November 15th assuming it was extended?

2017 shows his compensation as $109,500 so a jump to 250K would be a significant increase.

https://www.citizenaudit.org/2018_05_EO/27-2026793_990_201712.pdf/

Yes, a significant increase that coincided with people losing their jobs and leaving.

Late. Release. And be honest, John. Tell the truth this time.

To everybody else, stop making excuses for him. Accountant’s fault my foot.
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document
_fetchface
_Emeritus

Post by _fetchface »

Well, he is going to have to release eventually as required by law. If he extended, then the law gives him more time. Why the public call-out? It will happen when it happens. If it is newsworthy, we can discuss it then.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
My Blog: http://untanglingmybrain.blogspot.com/
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Rosebud wrote:I am aware that you're personally taking an income of $250,000....

How do you know that?
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Universal Rules:

Do not reveal personal or "in real life" information about any poster on this site that he or she has not explicitly revealed here. This includes avoiding mention of his/her actual first or last name, even if he or she has made it available on some other website.** This also includes information harvested from Facebook.

Terrestrial Forum Rules:

No blatant or otherwise obvious personal attacks allowed. This includes personal attacks against a person's family members.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

As much as I hate to post on a Rosebud thread, would that rule apply Kish, to information glean-able off of the financial report of a 501(c)3? I ask because I recall seeing numbers about DCP bandied about in the past that were available from the Interpreter's or some other 501(c)3 financial report.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

SteelHead wrote:As much as I hate to post on a Rosebud thread, would that rule apply Kish, to information glean-able off of the financial report of a 501(c)3? I ask because I recall seeing numbers about DCP bandied about in the past that were available from the Interpreter's or some other 501(c)3 financial report.

I don’t know where this information is coming from, and it sounds like an implied accusation of false reporting or incomplete reporting to me. In any case, I am growing tired of obsessive personal attacks against individuals.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

Me too which is why I tend to stay off of DCP or John Dehlin threads.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin