John, release your finances

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Re: John, release your finances

Post by _Kishkumen »

SteelHead wrote:Me too which is why I tend to stay off of DCP or John Dehlin threads.

Arguably our rules prohibit this kind of thing.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Rosebud needs to realize, if possible, that there is a life to live post Dehlin. I think most have experienced relationships that haven't worked out. I am slowly coming to terms with Mormonism and am not so emotional about it any more. It's still a narcissist's invention and it doesn't disclose its finances. However, I can't let that consume me. Must move on.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_lostindc
_Emeritus

Post by _lostindc »

Exiled wrote:Rosebud needs to realize, if possible, that there is a life to live post Dehlin. I think most have experienced relationships that haven't worked out. I am slowly coming to terms with Mormonism and am not so emotional about it any more. It's still a narcissist's invention and it doesn't disclose its finances. However, I can't let that consume me. Must move on.

I get that and you’re right in terms of moving forward.

I think Rosebud is focused on Dehlin because he represents some significant issues with Mormonism, such as the patriarchal line, abuse of authority, dishonesty, and need for a leadership role, and to seek some sort of admiration and followers. Sounds like Instagram in a way but the stakes are higher because we’re talking a wild religion like Mormonism. Plus, Dehlin is constantly pointed at as someone that treats people like sh1t behind the scenes and is really shady.
2019 = #100,000missionariesstrong
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

I recommend that anyone interested in John’s finances listen to Mormon Stories Episode 1202: Leaving Scientology and Becoming an Ex-Scientology Activist. John and his guest discuss the issues of money and running a business in activism.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

lostindc wrote:I get that and you’re right in terms of moving forward.

I think Rosebud is focused on Dehlin because he represents some significant issues with Mormonism, such as the patriarchal line, abuse of authority, dishonesty, and need for a leadership role, and to seek some sort of admiration and followers. Sounds like Instagram in a way but the stakes are higher because we’re talking a wild religion like Mormonism. Plus, Dehlin is constantly pointed at as someone that treats people like ____ behind the scenes and is really shady.

This is the place I come to put pressure on John.

This is not about me and John. Why would it be? The assumption that it is says more about the person doing the assuming than it says about me.

And what assumptions is someone making when they assume I’m not moving forward when I come to put pressure on him? Does anyone who only gets information from the board have enough information to make that assumption? What is the value to observers of making me the focus of their thinking? Perhaps because focusing on what they assume may be amiss about me is safer than hearing my message? (Just a thought....)

This is not even about how John treats people like crap in the real world. Although that is true, that’s a very isolated kind of predation.

This is about hundreds of thousands of Mormons (millions?), the financial needs of -all- the activist groups (not just his... they could -all- use a piece of the chunk he’s taking), and the influence John is having on the wider culture.

And most importantly, this — thinking in terms of the bigger picture — is about exposing predator strategies to help many people understand how to spot one. There are a lot of victims that I’m invested in helping. That’s why I worked for John in the first place. This priority of mine is decades old and won’t disappear anytime soon. It was there before I ran into him, it influenced how I dealt with him and it influences me now.

I also happen to be the activist with information who has the courage and the power to place the pressure. There are plenty of leaders in ex-Mormon activism who know what I’m saying is true.

It also helps that I didn’t sign an NDA like others did and he’s far less likely to sue me than anyone else.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Rosebud, how do you know he is earning $250,000 a year? Is this public knowledge that you can document?
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

Kishkumen wrote:I recommend that anyone interested in John’s finances listen to Mormon Stories Episode 1202: Leaving Scientology and Becoming an Ex-Scientologist. John and his guest discuss the issues of money and running a business in activism.

And I would especially recommend listening to the last seven minutes of the episode with the ex-Scientologist that I linked in the opening post. Again, observing his false claims of transparency, his request for donations within the context of pointing out how ex-Mormons has previously committed 10% of their income for life, and his assertion that ex-Mormons ought to “pay it forward” now.

Of course an episode with an ex-Scientologist was the perfect place for this kind of plea.
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Lemmie wrote:Rosebud, how do you know he is earning $250,000 a year? Is this public knowledge that you can document?

Bumped for rosebud
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Rosebud wrote:And I would especially recommend listening to the last seven minutes of the episode with the ex-Scientologist that I linked in the opening post. Again, observing his false claims of transparency, his request for donations within the context of pointing out how ex-Mormons has previously committed 10% of their income for life, and his assertion that ex-Mormons ought to “pay it forward” now.

Of course an episode with an ex-Scientologist was the perfect place for this kind of plea.

LOL. Yeah. What I found particularly interesting was the fact that both John and his guest deal with the same attacks from wackos who think they have no right to earn a living by fighting against the alleged deceptions of massively wealthy churches. In the context of LDS, Inc.’s vast wealth, throwing a few shekels to a podcaster is not even peanuts. But facts such as those mean nothing to those whose stock and trade is in false equivalence.
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

Lemmie wrote:Rosebud, how do you know he is earning $250,000 a year? Is this public knowledge that you can document?

I still have you on ignore. I had to logout before I saw this.

I feel like I have repeated the following 1000 times and you have a long history of being very rude to me. But here it is again: I don’t come here to share documentation. This is just a message board. (Why would I do that? What would be my incentive to share it here?) Rather, I come here to create dated documentation.

The information isn’t public because John isn’t transparent and is late. That is the point.

Thread about the lawsuit