The Church Went To Great Lengths To Hide The 100 Billion

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Re: The Church Went To Great Lengths To Hide The 100 Billion

Post by _Fence Sitter »

reflexzero wrote:
“Some things that are true are not very useful”–Boyd K. Packer

The story of Packer being rebuffed about what holdings the EPA had is ironic for me on a personal level. Many years ago I attended a multi-zone missionary conference at which Packer spoke. He finished his remarks by asking us if there was any questions he could answer. When he called on me, I asked if he could tell us more about the second anointing. His response was: "You don't need to know that." I left that conference wondering what else he knew that he thought I should not know.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

I have a question wrote:These are embarrassing revelations. They probably won’t be the last. The bottom line is the senior Church Leaders cannot be trusted to practice in private what they preach in public.

So much for the unity of the Brethren eh? Wow, this is simply electrifying! Packer KEPT OUT of the loop as the Senior Apostle?!? Of Christ's Church??? A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Money far more important than Jesus...
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:So much for the unity of the Brethren eh? Wow, this is simply electrifying! Packer KEPT OUT of the loop as the Senior Apostle?!? Of Christ's Church??? A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Money far more important than Jesus...

It's the Church of the First Presidency and the Presiding Bishop. Apostles are puppets and choir singers for the prophet. They sing and dance and march to the tune of the prophet as he delivers his lying messages to the bleating sheep.

Wow, the whole thing is utter BS. The church is an evil organization based on lies and deception.

I love to mock the temple!

:mad:
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

Fiannan wrote:How did they freeze out Boyd K. Packer? I cannot access the Salt Lake paper at the moment.

This story confirms what we figured out a couple years ago: the church's finances are above the apostles' pay grade. See:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49176&p=1124392
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

In a complaint to the IRS, David A. Nielsen alleged he saw officials with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its investment fund

So we have to be very careful about the things that Nielsen cannot prove.
_GameOver
_Emeritus

Post by _GameOver »

This reveal has triggered my anger again over the Perpetual Education Fund scam. Apparently, over $250 million dollars was initially donated to the fund after it was first announced. But it wasn’t openly disclosed that only the interest received from the funds were LENT to the student recipients. (Which amounted to less than 1% interest rate at the time).

It seems more than likely the principle funds that were donated to the PEF became part of the Church’s gambling money, as it was deceptively designed for.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Post by _Sanctorian »

This is an embarrassment for Deloitte audit firm. If they allow this short of stuff to happen for a religion, how good are their auditing practices for other corporations? Don’t discount what this means.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Post by _Sanctorian »

GameOver wrote:This reveal has triggered my anger again over the Perpetual Education Fund scam. Apparently, over $250 million dollars was initially donated to the fund after it was first announced. But it wasn’t openly disclosed that only the interest received from the funds were LENT to the student recipients. (Which amounted to less than 1% interest rate at the time).

It seems more than likely the principle funds that were donated to the PEF became part of the Church’s gambling money, as it was deceptively designed for.

Great point! This could be extremely damning if true. If the PEF was put into Ensign Peak and never used as intended, that’s the most blatant fraud in this entire thing.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Equality
_Emeritus

Post by _Equality »

I'm old enough to remember when a Mormon was a major-party presidential nominee and anyone who dared raise the issue of whether the LDS church might exert undue influence on a Mormon president was quickly berated into silence as a "religious bigot" for daring to even consider such a notion. Now we learn the church "leaned on" a Mormon audit reviewer at a major accounting firm, using their substantial financial muscle to clandestinely secure for themselves special treatment. But we are not supposed to infer that an organization that behaves in such a way would ever try to leverage having a Mormon in the White House.
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Didn't Packer (an almost-life-long church employee) have a house in an upscale gated estate community, worth north of a mil?

Pure conspiratorial speculation on my part -- but maybe he was frozen out of knowing how much money was there because of his penchant to make use of the money he already had at his disposal.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski