John Pratt Says He Has Found the Plates of Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Equality
_Emeritus

John Pratt Says He Has Found the Plates of Mormon

Post by _Equality »

LDS author John Pratt (of "Uranus Testifies of Christ" fame) claims he has found the plates of Mormon in South America.

Is it just me or does it seem like we are experiencing something of a blossoming of wacky LDS offshoots lately? Is Rusty Donuts losing his grip on the membership?

https://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/2020/witness.html
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: John Pratt Says He Has Found the Plates of Mormon

Post by _Shulem »

Plates of Mormon!

:lol:

Yeah, right. And Egyptologist John Gee is going to find the name of the king on Facsimile No. 3!

Riiiiight. Silly Mormons. They are children that refuse to grow up and get rid of their religious toys.

:lol:
_Dr LOD
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr LOD »

I wonder how DCP is going to work in Brother Pratt into his film at this point, since he is apparently a "wittness" now. Maybe he needs another million for some CGI to put him in the shots.
_Symmachus
_Emeritus

Post by _Symmachus »

Equality wrote:LDS author John Pratt (of "Uranus Testifies of Christ" fame) claims he has found the plates of Mormon in South America.

Is it just me or does it seem like we are experiencing something of a blossoming of wacky LDS offshoots lately? Is Rusty Donuts losing his grip on the membership?

https://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/2020/witness.html

Hooray for democratized religion! Down with the elites!
"As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them."

—B. Redd McConkie
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

I don't know how the Church can dispute this. Here is a picture of Johh Pratt hefting the Plates.

This is as strong and more credible than the testimony of the 12 witnesses. Here we have actual photographs of the plates for all the world to see. If only Joseph Smith was as open in showing the Golden Plates to the world.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:I don't know how the Church can dispute this. Here is a picture of Johh Pratt hefting the Plates.

This is as strong and more credible than the testimony of the 12 witnesses. Here we have actual photographs of the plates for all the world to see. If only Joseph Smith was as open in showing the Golden Plates to the world.

Can he run with them?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_reflexzero
_Emeritus

Post by _reflexzero »

Wow they look exactly the same as the artist depictions in church materials. Amazing.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I believe! Now all he needs to do is start a sex-cult where the leaders get the choice of the litter and he will have something the world will really love.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

Awesome. So the time has come. Let us all thank our lucky kaukobeams, preferably Kolob the one closest to God, for being so blessed to be among those held in reserved for this day.
_Physics Guy
_Emeritus

Post by _Physics Guy »

I guess if you look for long enough you learn how to pull golden plates out of Uranus.