President Newsroom changes his Twitter handle...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Re: President Newsroom changes his Twitter handle...

Post by _Kishkumen »

Mormon.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Jesus Christ isn't his name anyway. It's a title......but no one tell the Mormons, they are comfortable in their "revelations."
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:Jesus Christ isn't his name anyway. It's a title......but no one tell the Mormons, they are comfortable in their "revelations."

You make a great point, Dr. Philo Sofee. The idea that an angel appeared to early Book of Mormon prophets revealing the Greek name title of "Jesus Christ" never, ever, rang true to me when I was a Mormon. It was a red flag -- my intuition nudged me telling me something about that was just plain wrong.

Greek on the plates? The name JESUS was Greek and that just didn't make sense to me. Everything seemed good using the term Messiah but when the actual name Jesus was presented the alarm went off. All of the sudden the story introduced something outside the bounds of logic and I had been taught that things must be within the bounds the Lord had set, otherwise, it was outside the bounds of truth.

Introducing the name JESUS into the adulterated version of the King James Book of Mormon was proof that the God of the Book of Mormon and his angels had no idea what the real name would have been called. It goes to show that Mormon God and his angels didn't know the future and Joseph Smith the author, didn't know the past!

I testify that the Book of Mormon is NOT true but is a self-created book -- plagiarised by Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery.
_oliblish
_Emeritus

Post by _oliblish »

I have a question wrote:@Ch_JesusChrist is more apt for The Church Of Jesus Christ

http://www.tcojc.us

Or even The Church of Jesus Christ (Bickertonite)

http://thechurchofjesuschrist.org/

I wonder how many people stumble upon this one when trying to go to churchofjesuschrist.org? There are even Book of Mormon quotes on the home page...
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Kishkumen wrote:Mormon.

Please stop victorying for Satan.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Jesus can have whatever Twitter handle he wants.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

MsJack wrote:<snip pic of Ch_Jesus>

And, Ms. Jack wins the internet for 2020.

See you all next year.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_President Newsroom
_Emeritus

Post by _President Newsroom »

This is fake news.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

President Newsroom wrote:This is fake news.

Thank you Donald........ :wink:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."