President Newsroom changes his Twitter handle...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

President Newsroom changes his Twitter handle...

Post by _I have a question »

A change in the username for the official Twitter account of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was announced Wednesday by Newsroom.

The username @Ch_JesusChrist has now replaced @ChurchNewsroom.

This change better emphasizes the name of Jesus Christ and helps Twitter users mention the Church more clearly in tweets and personal profiles.

https://www.thechurchnews.com/members/2 ... ame-172958

How does it help Twitter users mention the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints more clearly in tweets by replying to @Ch_JesusChrist?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: President Newsroom changes his Twitter handle...

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Obsessive compulsive loony flippin tunes man!!!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

The Mormons are desperately trying to convince the world that it believes in JeZus christ but the world doesn't give a rat's ass what the Mormons believe.

Frankly, the world, in general doesn't care too much for JeZus anymore. JeZus is outdated religious nonsense about eating flesh and drinking blood for sins.

Gross.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Actually, in my experience, such casual use of the name “Jesus Christ” would be considered very inappropriate for many congregations and believers.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

@Ch_JesusChrist is more apt for The Church Of Jesus Christ

http://www.tcojc.us
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I think it's Biblical, "Whenever two or more fibs are given in my Name".
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_I have a question
_Emeritus

To be fair, Jesus already has His own Twitter account

https://Twitter.com/Jesus
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Sweet Sugar JeZus wrote:@Ch_JesusChrist

Would you like a spoonful of sweet Mormon JeZus to lighten your day?

:lol:

Get your sins forgiven. Confess your sins to the bishop. Tell him the nasty things you've done so he can sprinkle some JeZus sugar on you.

Sisters, have you been reading nasty romantic books or stories?

Brethren, have you been touching yourself inappropriately?

Sprinkle your sins away with CH JeZus from Twitter!
_Equality
_Emeritus

Post by _Equality »

I'm old enough to remember when this was canonized scripture:
D&C 107: 1-4
1 There are, in the church, two priesthoods, namely, the Melchizedek and Aaronic, including the Levitical Priesthood.

2 Why the first is called the Melchizedek Priesthood is because Melchizedek was such a great high priest.

3 Before his day it was called the Holy Priesthood, after the Order of the Son of God.

4 But out of respect or reverence to the name of the Supreme Being, to avoid the too frequent repetition of his name, they, the church, in ancient days, called that priesthood after Melchizedek, or the Melchizedek Priesthood.
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

This obsessive focus on the Savior's name accounts for the racist doctrine inadvertently released in a recent church manual.

Too many chiefs.

Not enough Indians.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)