Why Romney voted to impeach

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Re: Why Romney voted to impeach

Post by _Dr Exiled »

There is a rumor that Romney might be drafted for president should Trump really screw up in the coming months where even the Repos abandon him (knowing how Trump loves to run his mouth a bigger scandal is always possible). This vote could be setting the stage for Romney as the reasonable one to heal the supposed drama.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Do you have any direct statements from him wanting an apostleship? Any real estate deals? Anything that would tie him to the Church in a way that would make your theory interesting?

- Doc

With his experience at Bain Capital draining retirement accounts from acquired companies, the Mittster wants to get his hands on the Ensign Peak $124,000,000,000-Whoo hoo this is gunna be fun muses the Mittman!
_Lucretia MacEvil
_Emeritus

Post by _Lucretia MacEvil »

I'm skeptical of Romney and doubt whether his motives were exactly pure but glad he made the move he did, even though it makes no difference in the long run.

I don't really care why he did it. What I wonder about is what will it do to his political chances in Utah and what that means about Mormons. It's bugging me right now that all the Trumper Mormons on my Facebook are coming down hard on Shakira and Jlo as if Mormons own the high ground. in my opinion, they have lost any pretense to high moral standards by supporting Trump, but at the same time I don't really know exactly how strong that support is. Their treatment of Romney now might tell the tale.

I'd appreciate your ideas on this subject. I'm on the run and this post isn't as well thought out as it could be, but I hope you get my drift.
The person who is certain and who claims divine warrant for his certainty belongs now to the infancy of our species. Christopher Hitchens

Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. Frater
_GameOver
_Emeritus

Post by _GameOver »

I don’t believe in Romney’s “conscience”. The corporate raider has “moral outrage”???

Anyone who was really listening to the both the inquiry and the trial without partisanship could clearly see it was all BS and part of an attempted coup. Trump went about this all wrong, but the Bidens need to be investigated for corruption involving the Ukraine, China and a few other countries where it’s believed they were involved in pay-to-play schemes and money laundering through different countries, companies and banks. This is laid out very well in Peter Schweitzer’s well-researched books.

Romney’s was a “revenge vote”. And yes, there could very well be an ulterior motive involving his undying ambition to be President.
_GameOver
_Emeritus

Post by _GameOver »

Dr Exiled wrote:There is a rumor that Romney might be drafted for president should Trump really screw up in the coming months where even the Repos abandon him (knowing how Trump loves to run his mouth a bigger scandal is always possible). This vote could be setting the stage for Romney as the reasonable one to heal the supposed drama.

That will never happen now. He’s being reviled by the right and lauded by the left - the very left who excoriated him with vitriol when he was a candidate for President.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

GameOver wrote:
Dr Exiled wrote:There is a rumor that Romney might be drafted for president should Trump really screw up in the coming months where even the Repos abandon him (knowing how Trump loves to run his mouth a bigger scandal is always possible). This vote could be setting the stage for Romney as the reasonable one to heal the supposed drama.

That will never happen now. He’s being reviled by the right and lauded by the left - the very left who excoriated him with vitriol when he was a candidate for President.

Things can change pretty quickly and the press would be behind whatever the next Trump scandal may be. The next scandal would have to alienate his rapid evangelical base for the Repos to get behind robot Romney. However, that does seem out of the question now.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen