QAnon - consider yourself influenced

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Simon Southerton
_Emeritus

Re: QAnon - consider yourself influenced

Post by _Simon Southerton »

Thank you Dr. Shades

I shared my post on a small exmormon group in Australia and within an hour a QAnon supporter, among a small group of exmormon subscribers, posted this gem. I find this alarming.

Simon Southerton, your opinion expressed in this thread is just that - your opinion, which does not necessarily extrapolate into everyone here agreeing with your thoughts. Being prepared, the deep state and, many other 'conspiracy theories' have a good basis in scientific facts. As for 'Q', - where we go one, we go all...

This reinforces the view I expressed in my post that Mormons and exmormons are very susceptible to being drawn in by QAnon.
LDS apologetics --> "It's not the crime, it's the cover-up, which creates the scandal."
"Bigfoot is a crucial part of the ecosystem, if he exists. So let's all help keep Bigfoot possibly alive for future generations to enjoy, unless he doesn't exist." - Futurama
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Never mind. Content deleted. Smokey’s intent was clear to ALMOST everyone.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

GameOver wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Give us some examples, because I’m not seeing what you’re seeing.

I think you are asking me to go back through THOUSANDS of posts to find examples for you. Quite frankly, I don’t have the time or desire to do that.

How about this: Will you please tell us one or two examples, off the top of your head, of something Qanon predicted way in advance that eventually came true? Preferably something that indicated insider knowledge as opposed to random chance?

I'm not calling you out or challenging you; I'm genuinely curious.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_GameOver
_Emeritus

Post by _GameOver »

Simon Southerton wrote:This reinforces the view I expressed in my post that Mormons and exmormons are very susceptible to being drawn in by QAnon.

Actually, the “Q” followers are world-wide and not even remotely associated with Mormonism. Back when the research group was on 8chn, people from many countries posted their research in support.

It’s a phenomenon to gather so many followers. Fluke or not, the information shared has been eye-opening about what is happening in the U.S. and the world. I find it interesting as a study. I feel objective about it - not a total believer.
_Physics Guy
_Emeritus

Post by _Physics Guy »

Can you give three really good examples of things Q revealed or predicted before anyone else and that turned out to be true?

It makes no sense to say you can’t answer because there are thousands of posts. We’re not asking for an account of every Q item. We’re asking for three good examples.

If you’ve been impressed at all, you must remember three impressive examples. Just mention them.
_GameOver
_Emeritus

Post by _GameOver »

Dr. Shades wrote:How about this: Will you please tell us one or two examples, off the top of your head, of something Qanon predicted way in advance that eventually came true? Preferably something that indicated insider knowledge as opposed to random chance?

I'm not calling you out or challenging you; I'm genuinely curious.

Try these (below). I don’t know why I didn’t think of these with “Doctor CamNC4Me’s” request. I haven’t read through these compilations yet. But they are called “Q Proofs” compiled by Q researchers.

https://Twitter.com/elenochle/status/1164333534670028801

https://www.qproofs.com/home.html
_Physics Guy
_Emeritus

Post by _Physics Guy »

I’m sorry but I’m antsy about clicking on links to potentially weird sites. Can you just summarize three good examples in your own words and explain why they’re impressive? I mean, if they impressed you, you must already have thought about them carefully and understood them clearly. It shouldn’t take any effort to share that understanding briefly.

And if you’re trying to be critical and objective, it’s an excellent exercise to try to summarize something succinctly in your own words, to see if it still sounds good that way. Even in non-controversial subjects like basic physics it’s easy to hear something, feel that it sounds as though it probably ought to make sense, and nod your head, yet without really grasping it at all. Then somebody asks you about it and you feel like an idiot because the first thing you say just sounds stupid. It sucks but that’s how you learn to really think things through and not just nod along.

So maybe the Q stuff does in fact make sense if you do think it through fully, like physics. If so you should still explain in your own words, instead of linking, to make sure you understand it. And if it’s all just dumb nonsense, that’s also a hard truth you’ll want to discover, and trying to explain it yourself is a good way to make that discovery.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Given Mormonism teaches the way to discover the truth of a thing is to study it out in your mind and, if it makes sense and gives you a warm fuzzy feeling or a little intellectual jolt of biochemistry then it must be true, I suspect Mormons to be fertile ground for propagation of CT since they seem built out of the same process. Even when leaving the church over disinformation and evidence, the typical Cal process seems to be based on grappling with facts and following an emotion-based conclusion on what they mean. Given the result is often a complete collapse of a worldview, I wouldn't be surprised to see disillusioned ex-Mormons with their new found inherent sceptical view of authority and institutional integrity be just as vulnerable if not more so.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Makes you wonder if the government put the TV program The Expanse on the air to suggest the LDS Church consider investing in space travel with its vast financial resources?

Makes you wonder if the government encouraged LDS housewives with Nazi inclinations to post NSFWE stuff on Mormon Discussions?

Makes you wonder whether the government is using the Spirit Paradise forum as a source of supportive material for the defense of criminal Attorney General William Barr?

Makes you wonder whether the government encouraged Dr. Louis Midgley to visit a remote island so he might escape the onset of the coronavirus, rather than launching him into space to gather proof for the existence of a Flat Earth?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

GameOver wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Gameover,

Give us some examples, because I’m not seeing what you’re seeing.

- Doc

I think you are asking me to go back through THOUSANDS of posts to find examples for you. Quite frankly, I don’t have the time or desire to do that.

You can read through them yourself. An easier website format which has all of the posts is listed below:

https://qposts.online/

Ok. So there’s nothing there except weird vague conspiracy theories where the reader can use their paranoias to fill in the blank. I’m starting to see why some ex-Mormons would fall prey to this kind of thinking.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.