A friend asked why am I here on MDB

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_msnobody
_Emeritus

A friend asked why am I here on MDB

Post by _msnobody »

I have always appreciated that posters here often share the deep things of their lives here on MDB. I too, am willing to share these things here, even when it isn't popular, or to be the odd girl out, or to share my life's many struggles. A friend recently asked me why I participate on MDB {although, I sort of took a hiatus with going back to work and school]. The answer was easy. The simple answer is this:

"I am speaking the truth in Christ--I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness in the Holy Spirit-- 2 that I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen..." Rom. 9:1-3

There is only one thing that compels a person to feel this way. Only one thing that would bring a person to the place of spending years holding out the most valuable, precious gift someone could ever want and need to possess, knowing that this gift of Life will be pushed aside or rejected more often than not, and to people I will likely not meet in this lifetime, most who live some 1700 miles away. I am just so awestruck, overcome, and humbled by this grace and love God gives to be poured out to others. This means that I too am loved with this same unfathomable, immeasurable agape love. So, if you're reading, my dear friend, I chose to more fully expound on my reason for being on MDB-- that the world may know. Agape, my friend, Agape.
Last edited by Majestic-12 [Bot] on Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:18-19 ESV
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Re: A friend asked why am I here on MormonDiscussions.com

Post by _msnobody »

Clever having M D B to be automatically replaced with MDB. Any chance of getting the chat room back?
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:18-19 ESV
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: A friend asked why am I here on MDB

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Who's your friend?
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

Who is your friend?
Respectfully, "Who is your friend?" is a question I am not going to answer. The questioned asked of me, came at a time when I felt compelled to post of my love for my fellow M D Ber's and my heart's deep desire for my fellow MDBer's to know, not just a head knowledge, but to know deep within their soul the peace that surpasses all understanding that comes from trusting in Christ alone. So, the question asked of me by a friend and my longing to somehow express the love of Christ to my fellow posters, just happened to intersect at the same time and in the same post. Mere words seem to fall so short however. God holds out this gift freely to those who will reach out and take it. Perhaps today is the day for someone, I don't know.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Ok. You're doing the lying for the Lord thing and your "friend" is just a construct that allows you to post your evangelizing. Got it.

- Doc
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

Think whatever you wish, Doc. You’re only using using this to lash out at me, and I’m okay with that.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Ah. The Christian martyrdom moment.

1. Create nonsense story so you can preach. That’s called lying.

2. Get called out.

3. Act the victim, and use that moment to passive-aggressively preach some more.

Cool.

- Doc
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

Still love you, man.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Nice move. Flip on the love, and keep ‘em guessing. Are you going to cop to the non-existent friend? Remember. Lying for the Lord is still lying, and that’s a no-no.

edit: Since we’re celebrating Ēostre tomorrow:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%92ostre

I would urge our friend and her “friend” to read the wiki article and do a deep dive on the topic.

- Doc
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

Nice move. Flip on the love, and keep ‘em guessing.
There has been no change in the love. Attempts at provocation to elicit a negative reaction from me in an effort to call into question the genuineness of love for others are unsuccessful.
Are you going to cop to the non-existent friend?

I‘ve been asked more than once why I participate here, by participants and non-participants alike, and have made several friends here over the years, many of whom are from the ZLMB days. I understood when I was invited to M D B that one of the reasons for the invite is that my participation would help make for diversity and discussion. I’m not even sure if my friend frequents MDB. If he or she does frequent here, then he or she can out him or herself here. Out of respect, I’m not going to do it. Plus, this “non-existent friend” thing draws away from the main point of the original post.
edit: Since we’re celebrating Ēostre tomorrow:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%92ostre

I would urge our friend and her “friend” to read the wiki article and do a deep dive on the topic.
I am familiar with the claims for a pagan origin for Easter. Nevertheless, this Ostara, isn’t the one who stepped down out of heaven and took on my sin upon himself, averting the consequences of my sin [eternal separation from God], and all the while I was shaking my fist in the face of The One who came to save me. Ostara hasn’t risen from the grave and gone ahead to prepare my eternal home, and will certainly not come to receive me into my eternal home.

Let me ask you this, Doctor Cam NC4Me, Do you love me?