BYU Continues To Receive Coronavirus Funding

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

BYU Continues To Receive Coronavirus Funding

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

I don't know about you, but I'm sure glad the Church is sitting on a rainy day fund of $124 billion dollars.

So far the Church has donated 5.5 million for Coronavirus relief and has received almost 50 million from the government. The Church is making a killing off the Coronavirus.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/education/2 ... hy-BYU-is/
Last edited by Guest on Fri May 15, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: BYU Continues To Receive Coronavirus Funding

Post by _Shulem »

Jesus wrote:Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal
Meanwhile, the Mormons have amassed billions of dollars into a secret bank account while a pandemic is sweeping the earth and millions of Africans don't even have running water.
Jesus wrote: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal
The Mormons have chosen to lay their treasures into a worldly bank and then tell the Africans they are not a wealthy people.
Jesus wrote:For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Mormon treasure is in the bank. That is where their heart is. A worldly organization for worldly people.
_Symmachus
_Emeritus

Post by _Symmachus »

I don't remember Jesus's words about running water beyond a mysterious claim that he was the water and we had to born in his water or something. Maybe he should have been more explicit about that.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:33 pm
I don't know about you, but I'm sure glad the Church is sitting on a rainy day fund of $124 billion dollars.

So far the Church has donated 5.5 million for Coronavirus relief and has received almost 50 million from the government. The Church is making a killing off the Coronavirus.

_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Isn't it glorious? Isn't it wonderful?
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:50 pm
Isn't it glorious? Isn't it wonderful?

It's glorious and wonderful. Are you current with your tithing, Philo? God is watching u.

Pay your tithing, today! The Church needs the funds.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:33 pm

Why does a tax-exempt entity qualify for government tax-funded grant?
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

Just as "there is no such thing as bad publicity"... there is no such thing as bad money.
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

Everybody Wang Chung when I click the link it doesn't work. If I go to SLtrib and search for an article giving us information on this I find nothing. What information is out there on this?
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

The comments on that article are hilarious. Married students living on welfare and taking government money so they can have kids while in college, then bragging they ‘paid their own way,’ all so they can now give back....to their church, in the form of 10%+ tithing in perpetuity so the Mormon church can save up 100 billion plus in a secret fund.

In other words, tax-payer’s money is funneled into the Lds church, under the guise of “building self-sufficiency.” Which really means popping out future welfare recipients and tithe-payers on the government dollar. Sounds like Warren Jeffs’ plan.