Why is the Church still promoting the idea that black skin is inferior?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_ldsfaqs
_Emeritus

Re: Why is the Church still promoting the idea that black skin is inferior?

Post by _ldsfaqs »

Dr LOD wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:21 am
ldsfaqs wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:40 pm
Given that the policy was lifted when institutional racism and with most people racism itself was finally gone from America in the mainstream, it's not a wonder why it existed in the first place, and why and when it was finally lifted.
Systemic institutionalized racism is just beginning to be recognized for the insidious evil it is and is very much alive in most places including the LDS church.

It is disappointing that these type of beliefs are sitting in the church pews. But it does explain a lot.
1. As someone who's lived in many places, been in many religions, no religion, anti-religion, anti-Mormon, started intentionally observing human behaviors since I was 6 years old after seeing a Cop, and wanting to be the best cop, so to know and understand crime, good and evil, right and wrong, politics, classes, races etc.

I can tell you right now, your "institutional racism" is a big fat LIE... America is not 60+ years ago, and the Church while having some flawed humans, never was the racism you claim. And that's as someone whom the priesthood ban was the biggest reason I had for leaving the church. Thus, I'm an expert on the subject.

See, you confuse Leftist media and Democrat leaders "race hustle" with being the same thing as the truth.
First, they don't report police abuse when it concerns whites, and when they do they don't mention the race, but they absolutely do mention the race when it's a black person. Further, they make every police black killing about race, when for 10 years or more that I and many others couldn't find, NOT A SINGLE police shooting of a black man had ANY evidence of racism involved.
Further, the Leftist media outright LIES about most encounters, what actually happened, such as the "Hands up don't shoot" LIE, etc.

More so, if you actually look at the statistics, there is ZERO difference in reported crimes and convictions in relation to arrests of blacks. If there was a difference, then you would have a potential case that cops were just arresting blacks for "din do".
Also, the differences in sentencing between blacks and whites is entirely due to police record. Repeat offenders tend to get more time.

So, as someone who spent the first 20+ years of his life preparing to go into Law Enforcement, and the last 28 years being passionate about politics, studying everything on everything, you are entirely brainwashed by lying propaganda.

2. There are no such "beliefs" in the pews that you refer to... Read the post I made, watch the videos I posted.
You are a liar in relation to this issue also. Remember, I became anti-Mormon primarily due to this issue, so I know FAR more than you on race and the church, due to choosing to learn more, and thus re-educated myself due to my ignorance. No part of me would be in a racist religion, thus the actual issue is that you and those like you just don't know what you're talking about, you make a surface uninformed judgment.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

#blackunderwearmatters
_Dr LOD
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr LOD »

ldsfaqs wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:57 am
Dr LOD wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:21 am

Systemic institutionalized racism is just beginning to be recognized for the insidious evil it is and is very much alive in most places including the LDS church.

It is disappointing that these type of beliefs are sitting in the church pews. But it does explain a lot.
1. As someone who's lived in many places, been in many religions, no religion, anti-religion, anti-Mormon, started intentionally observing human behaviors since I was 6 years old after seeing a Cop, and wanting to be the best cop, so to know and understand crime, good and evil, right and wrong, politics, classes, races etc.

I can tell you right now, your "institutional racism" is a big fat LIE... America is not 60+ years ago, and the Church while having some flawed humans, never was the racism you claim. And that's as someone whom the priesthood ban was the biggest reason I had for leaving the church. Thus, I'm an expert on the subject.

See, you confuse Leftist media and Democrat leaders "race hustle" with being the same thing as the truth.
First, they don't report police abuse when it concerns whites, and when they do they don't mention the race, but they absolutely do mention the race when it's a black person. Further, they make every police black killing about race, when for 10 years or more that I and many others couldn't find, NOT A SINGLE police shooting of a black man had ANY evidence of racism involved.
Further, the Leftist media outright LIES about most encounters, what actually happened, such as the "Hands up don't shoot" LIE, etc.

More so, if you actually look at the statistics, there is ZERO difference in reported crimes and convictions in relation to arrests of blacks. If there was a difference, then you would have a potential case that cops were just arresting blacks for "din do".
Also, the differences in sentencing between blacks and whites is entirely due to police record. Repeat offenders tend to get more time.

So, as someone who spent the first 20+ years of his life preparing to go into Law Enforcement, and the last 28 years being passionate about politics, studying everything on everything, you are entirely brainwashed by lying propaganda.

2. There are no such "beliefs" in the pews that you refer to... Read the post I made, watch the videos I posted.
You are a liar in relation to this issue also. Remember, I became anti-Mormon primarily due to this issue, so I know FAR more than you on race and the church, due to choosing to learn more, and thus re-educated myself due to my ignorance. No part of me would be in a racist religion, thus the actual issue is that you and those like you just don't know what you're talking about, you make a surface uninformed judgment.
I’m not impressed in the least bit by what you wrote. I see misinformed ignorance. Now calling me a liar? I guess my life experience as a Native American in the church is a lie. Thankfully I have you the guy who “prepared for a law enforcement career for twenty years” to set me straight.

One question exactly how does one prepare twenty years for a career that typically only requires a associates degree at the most? You make no mention of finishing. Just something about politics.

My medical education took about twelve years, post high school. And I have had my degree and working in my field almost twenty years now.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

ldsfaqs wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:04 am
As cheezy as the Book of Mormon Movie was, their portrayal of the Lamanites was pretty much spot on.
You'll note, it wasn't "racial" or "skin color" based... It was what was in their souls, their behaviors as manifested in their "appearance" a.k.a. skin.
Skin color is determined by skin pigment and that is determined by a person's DNA. The more pretenses that are made in the meaning of these verses, the more embarrassing it will be for the Church at some future date. It is a racist idea out of America's racist past. It does not behoove the Church or its members to pretend otherwise.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

moksha wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:22 pm
Skin color is determined by skin pigment and that is determined by a person's DNA. The more pretenses that are made in the meaning of these verses, the more embarrassing it will be for the Church at some future date. It is a racist idea out of America's racist past. It does not behoove the Church or its members to pretend otherwise.
The Mormon Church has a racist history and has a history of putting the black man down. The Mormons are guilty of fostering racism through their man-made institution, the Church. It's all documented right here on the Internet.

Mormons have slandered the blacks for too long. Look what they have done to a black Egyptian god? It's disgusting! The brutality of Joseph Smith -- he was a butcher.

The Mormons today are liars. All of them.

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

ldsfaqs is a Mormon racist. He thinks less of blacks. He believes the Book of Abraham and the lying Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 which Smith made up out of thin air when he butchered the nose of Anubis, although unknown to Smith, Anubis *IS* a god of Egypt.

Yes, ldsfaqs is a racist. I believe he favors white supremacy.

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

What did Brigham Young have to say about the blacks?
All those past Mormon apostles and prophets -- what did they say?

Horrible. Simply horrible.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Here is a conversation from that other board on this topic:

grundelwalken Logophile • 2 days ago
While I heard this trope as a youth, once or twice, I have never encountered the message in the last 50 years. Except from people like our friend Charles.

Moksha grundelwalken • a day ago
Charles - To this day, churchgoing Mormons report that they hear from their fellow
congregants in Sunday meetings that African-Americans are the accursed
descendants of Cain whose spirits--due to their lack of spiritual mettle
in a premortal existence--were destined to come to earth with a "curse"
of black skin.
Yeah, the time frame Grundelwalken mentioned sounds about right. Many college-educated Mormons realized the folly of the Church racial policy before it was even changed in 1978. For them, retelling old lies simply was not the thing to do. It was a shame the Church did not officially come out and say those old shibboleths were lies. I imagine many members carried that old Bruce R. McConkie nonsense around in the back of their minds because they had not been told to fully abandon it. I think the situation remained that way until President Hinckley took aim at racism and blasted it in a General Priesthood Meeting. "You cannot be a Disciple of Christ and have racial hatred in your heart." He pulled no punches with that statement.

Kiwi57 Moksha • 6 hours ago
For them, retelling old lies simply was not the thing to do.
Unlike for you and your friends, who don't care whether lies are old or new; you just tell them anyway.
It was a shame the Church did not officially come out and say those old shibboleths were lies.
Non-bigots understand that "mistaken ideas" or "wrong theories" are not the same thing as "lies."

Moksha Kiwi57 • 5 hours ago

God cursing African-Americans was a lie. I think anything short of that is both a blasphemy against God and a true demonstration of bigotry. God is not the author of the evil that men do. That is of their own accord.

Kiwi57 Moksha • 4 hours ago

As all non-bigots understand, to assert what one actually believes, however wrongly, is not a "lie."

Thus, when people in the past believed that God had cursed any particular group, they were wrong. But your assertion is almost right; you only have to change one word. Nowadays, "God cursing African-Americans" is a lie; and you and your smugly self-righteous ilk are the only ones telling it.
God is not the author of the evil that men do. That is of their own accord.
That is true. It is also something you and your smugly self-righteous ilk need to remind yourselves of.

Often.

Moksha Kiwi57 • 4 hours ago
Thus, when people in the past believed that God had cursed any particular group, they were wrong.
Correct. President Nelson has reaffirmed that God loves us all and we should remove any and all past racial hatreds from our hearts.

Which is not an occasion for virtue-signaling by the virtue-free.

-------
I hope this helps explain the LDS position via Kiwi57.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I've noticed both here and on other message boards that conservative LDS posters have said a number of things ranging from indifferent to hostile towards the seriousness of the George Floyd murder. For an issue so galvanizing, I am wondering whether the Church will be losing many of its African American members?
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

moksha wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:05 am

As all non-bigots understand, to assert what one actually believes, however wrongly, is not a "lie."

Thus, when people in the past believed that God had cursed any particular group, they were wrong.
——-
I hope this helps explain the LDS position via Kiwi57.
Interesting. Kiwi57 is saying that The Book of Mormon contains and promotes incorrect beliefs as if they are correct doctrine. Think about the ramifications of that...