October General Conference not open to the public

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

October General Conference not open to the public

Post by _I have a question »

SALT LAKE CITY — General conference will be digital-only again in October, the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced on Thursday.

In April, church leaders conducted the first general conference without public attendance since World War II in an attempt to help control the spread of COVID-19.

“Because of our concern for the health and safety of others, we have decided that the October 2020 general conference will follow the same pattern as the conference held in April of this year,” the First Presidency said in a letter to leaders and members released Thursday morning. “The general sessions will be broadcast as usual. However, the general sessions will not be open to the public.”
https://www.deseret.com/faith/2020/6/4/ ... -salt-lake
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Re: October General Conference not open to the public

Post by _SuperDell »

“Because of our concern for the health and safety of others, we have decided that the October 2020 general conference will follow the same pattern as the conference held in April of this year,”

Interesting.

Not "the Lord has directed" or "the Lord has revealed" or "after fasting and prayer".

Nope - getting further away from that type of claim all the time.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

SuperDell wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:56 pm
“Because of our concern for the health and safety of others, we have decided that the October 2020 general conference will follow the same pattern as the conference held in April of this year,”

Interesting.

Not "the Lord has directed" or "the Lord has revealed" or "after fasting and prayer".

Why is it safe for members to pile back into Church in June, but not safe to attend Conference 5 months later?
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I spread Corona by my divine hand, I AM the Lord.

Conference gatherings are cancelled yet again. I the Lord will not hear the prayers of my people and neither will I consider their fasts.

Kneel before me, NelSatan, ye little man, and plead that I do not cast thee into a fiery furnace where ye shall weep and gnash thy false teeth.

The god of DAVID-19 says, I AM Corona God! I am the Virus.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

One would think two worldwide days of fasting and prayer should have some effect by October…
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Also good to know church leaders are interested only in the health and safety of others and not of themselves.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

I have a question wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:04 pm
SuperDell wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:56 pm

Interesting.

Why is it safe for members to pile back into Church in June, but not safe to attend Conference 5 months later?
Home ward attendance is the local neighborhood. If most if not all limit their traveling to that nearby, then there is not as much of a chance of one person infecting many as there is from worldwide, or even U.S.-nationwide, attendance at GC.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

consiglieri wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:39 pm
One would think two worldwide days of fasting and prayer should have some effect by October…
People are so overjoyed at the results of the fasting, they are dancing in the streets. . . at night. . . after curfew.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

So far, all the fasting, all the prayers, all the priesthood, have had no discernible effect in any manner. The plague rages on and increases worldwide. It is the proof positive Mormonism has no power from heaven no in any of the proclaimed prophets and apostles. That says it totally all.The evidence is world wide. It is not a mere anti-Mormon slogan (LDSFaqs will probably stupidly try to say this) invented to make Mormonism look bad. It needs no help for that, it is doing a stellar job all on its own.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

consiglieri wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:39 pm
Mormon JeZuZbub (evil spirit) led the Mormons to believe that the second coming was near, even at the door -- certainly within the next 200 years!

:lol:

JeZuZbub is a myth -- a joke -- a big fat lie. Sinful man.

:twisted: