Senator Romney marchs for Black Lives Matters

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Senator Romney marchs for Black Lives Matters

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I love this! I fully support Sen. Romney trying to extend the hand of empathy and friendship on behalf of Utah.

Edit 1. damned MDB autocorrect. Test: Sen.

Edit 2. Motherfucking Shades... If you type S.e.n.. as in Senator you get the MDB autocorrect you see above when you hit enter.

Edit 3. You got to be crapping me. When you type in M.D.B. you get the autocorrect above in edit 1.

- Doc
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

Purely Political move. Nothing more. He has a long history of going with whatever he thinks will get votes and it changes as the audience changes or the topic of the week does.

Or - he thought it was BLACK LIES MATTER and with his history of WHITE LIES he figures it will help him with minority votes in the future?
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

moksha wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:26 pm
Mitt Romney's action might allow some with blinders to see what injustices African Americans have endured at the hands of the police. Once enlightened this group can focus their religious and ethical values on demanding that police behave in a respectful and lawful manner toward all citizens.
When you are dealing with Scrotes and so many who act nice but would shoot you the second your back is turned - this one seldom happens.
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

What an opportunity completely lost for the entire Quorum of the 15 to march with Black Lives Matter,.... but Romney IS doing the right thing. No surprise the church actually does NOT show its support in actuality however. They are all about words and image. GO ROMNEY! Show the brethren how it really is done.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

It may be a political move, but I think that good behavior should be rewarded, no matter the reason.

I'm impressed with Romney, and I can honestly say that if there was a reason to vote for him for something, I would take that decision much more seriously now. I would take him for President over Trump in a heartbeat.

He defied his own party. That is uncommon in today's politics, and it deserves credit.

Besides, Romney marching for BLM will annoy the hell out of Trump. For that alone, I salute him.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:16 pm
I am proud of Mitt Romney for doing the right thing. He is doing the right thing.
I agree with this and am glad it is so directly stated.

I also believe Mormonism can encourage personal integrity and care for others. Nobody does that perfectly but it is good to see someone act in that direction.
_GameOver
_Emeritus

Post by _GameOver »

A week before the protesting and riots, the Justice Department was set to declare Antifa and Black Lives Matter as domestic terrorist organizations. They couldn’t make that declaration of the BLM after George Floyd was killed and the BLM became the prime instigator of the protests.

Remember these chants from the BLM ....?

“Pigs in a blanket, fry ‘em like bacon”.

“The only good cop is a dead cop”.

Although the cause against ANY injustice by law enforcement is a just one, accepting the BLM’s agenda is a mistake.

Defund the police??? Reduce the number of prisons, prison populations and sentencing??? A criminal’s wet dream .....
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

GameOver wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:02 am
A week before the protesting and riots, the Justice Department was set to declare Antifa and Black Lives Matter as domestic terrorist organizations. They couldn’t make that declaration of the BLM after George Floyd was killed and the BLM became the prime instigator of the protests.

Remember these chants from the BLM ....?

“Pigs in a blanket, fry ‘em like bacon”.

“The only good cop is a dead cop”.

Although the cause against ANY injustice by law enforcement is a just one, accepting the BLM’s agenda is a mistake.

Defund the police??? Reduce the number of prisons, prison populations and sentencing??? A criminal’s wet dream .....
I was wondering who would be the first idiot to post something like this.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

GameOver wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:02 am
Yes, let's make sure nothing changes.

BLM's agenda IS a cause against ANY injustice by law enforcement.

I love how in the police force, there are "just a few bad apples" but in the BLM movement, they all want cops to fry like bacon.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Poll: Utah GOP primary voters back President Trump, disapprove of Sen. Mitt Romney.
https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/20 ... p-primary/

I understand Trump has already selected and paid for his Utah TV ads. It will feature a pure white screen with the words, "Trump - Pure and Delightsome" streaming across the bottom. No need to actually show Trump to ruin that image.

Trump most likely will also run ads against SeN Romney.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace