Human remains found on Daybell propery

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Human remains found on Daybell propery

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:16 pm
Damn.
Still no official statement. The Mayor made a statement last night where he implied it was the children and when the news reporter asked him if he was saying the remains belonged to the children, he replied "Oh" and then the sound cut off--he said something more and we'll never know what that was because who the hell knows why.

This didn't need to happen.

People are asking about death penalty---which is from what I know (which is by no means everything) sometimes difficult to get a verdict on because the jury needs to be unanimous in the decision.

I'd almost bet Lori gave him up as part of a plea deal. But we'll see..
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:18 pm
Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10
BREAKING: Grandmother of JJ Vallow confirms one set of human remains found on Chad Daybell’s property - identified as JJ Vallow. #fox10phoenix
https://Twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/12 ... 8123930624
She would be his nearest relative not in jail or dead, right? If I recall correctly, she is his biological grandmother, and also his adoptive aunt and great-aunt (as her brother Charles, Lori vallow’s 4th husband, adopted his biological grand-nephew), so she may know the other remains are Tylee, but not have the legal right to announce it, as she is Tylee’s step-aunt. And adoptive grandmother. And step-great-aunt. Depending on how you read the relationships.

What a horrible, horrible story. I really hope the children were not aware and did not suffer.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:22 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:16 pm
Damn.
Still no official statement. The Mayor made a statement last night where he implied it was the children and when the news reporter asked him if he was saying the remains belonged to the children, he replied "Oh" and then the sound cut off--he said something more and we'll never know what that was because who the hell knows why.

This didn't need to happen.

People are asking about death penalty---which is from what I know (which is by no means everything) sometimes difficult to get a verdict on because the jury needs to be unanimous in the decision.

I'd almost bet Lori gave him up as part of a plea deal. But we'll see..
Maybe. But I also read that investigators noted that Chad Daybell recently made some plans to permanently install a mobile home on a specific location on his property, and this may have triggered the search.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:39 pm
She would be his nearest relative not in jail or dead, right? If I recall correctly, she is his biological grandmother, and also his adoptive aunt and great-aunt (as her brother Charles, Lori vallow’s 4th husband, adopted his biological grand-nephew), so she may know the other remains are Tylee, but not have the legal right to announce it, as she is Tylee’s step-aunt. And adoptive grandmother. And step-great-aunt. Depending on how you read the relationships.

What a horrible, horrible story. I really hope the children were not aware and did not suffer.
I haven't followed this case as closely as others where I can rattle off facts/dates because it's been unfolding at the same time a local child-related case has, so I am unsure about the family relationships involved. I just know that none of this needed to happen. I always allowed for the possibility that the children could be being kept by cult members. But you know...dark spirits and crap like that.
Chinese Proverb
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

Confirmed: Human remains are Tylee and J.J.

https://www.postregister.com/news/break ... HbP5Kzi7JM

I'm near tears.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:42 pm
Maybe. But I also read that investigators noted that Chad Daybell recently made some plans to permanently install a mobile home on a specific location on his property, and this may have triggered the search.
We'll know something more when/if they make public the discovery in the arrest warrant. Even if they don't, it could be leaked online which happened in the local case a few months ago.

In any case, I want to repeat something I said in Paradise about cases. Don't think this is a slam dunk. It's almost never a slam dunk and prosecutors know it. Based on all that I have seen, I'd give this a year or more before it goes to trial--or two trials.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

SteelHead wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:50 pm
Confirmed: Human remains are Tylee and J.J.

https://www.postregister.com/news/break ... HbP5Kzi7JM

I'm near tears.
Jesus God Almighty.

I follow mainly cases involving children. These things piss me off more than I can possibly express in words. Two lives taken, two potentials taken, and for no reason. No reason!
Chinese Proverb
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

Want to bet the parents have one of those BS "we killed them because they were too perfect for the wicked world" stories?
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

You know (she says calmly yet determinedly), I always consider mental illness as a factor in murder cases. I want to know about the backgrounds of the perpetrators and what contributed to their crimes. But, in this case (and a local case pending trial) I have to say...

F-uck those evil self indulgent bastards and may they be returned to the miserable pit of hell that delivered them!
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chinese Proverb
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

This is just horrible......
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."