Subliminal Messages in Church's Book of Abraham Video.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Subliminal Messages in Church's Book of Abraham Video.

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

A colleague of mine is friends with an individual (who will remain unnamed) on the team who created the latest LDS Book of Abraham video. For whatever reason, he decided to sneak in this little subversive gem at minute mark 1:46. You can clearly see Chandler fondling a fully erect "Book of Abraham scroll."

Childish? Yes. Immature? Yes. Subversive? Absolutely.

I wonder how many subversives are currently working at the COB?

https://youtu.be/juOavkIqNng?t=101
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Wonhyo
_Emeritus

Re: Subliminal Messages in Church's Book of Abraham Video.

Post by _Wonhyo »

Basically, they pulled a "Disney" or a "Ren and Stimpy" on the animation. There is no reasonable way that the animation team wasn't fully aware of what they were creating in that brief sequence. The committee responsible for reviewing and releasing these kinds of media hopefully didn't notice it. (Or maybe they did notice it and still decided to release it...) But the creators of the animation knew what they were doing.

Problematic? Yes.

Funny? Yes.
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
_Wonhyo
_Emeritus

Post by _Wonhyo »

The narrator says, right before the suggestive sequence, that "(Joseph) was eager to see Chandler's exhibit."

Accidental? No.

Funny? Yes.
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
_malkie
_Emeritus

Post by _malkie »

Wonhyo wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:02 pm
The narrator says, right before the suggestive sequence, that "(Joseph) was eager to see Chandler's exhibit."

Accidental? No.

Funny? Yes.
Is that a scroll in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Insert *that’s a penis gif*.

- Doc
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

Probably Gadianton was the responsible party since the Dean is into rubbing and rubber viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53517
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

This might be a new "how could Joseph have known" apologetic. How could Joseph have known that all ancient Egyptians stroked their scrolls, just like Chandler did?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

It looks like to me Chandler is simply illustrating figure #7 in the Hpocephalus of Sheshonq.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

Ooooh, NOW I GET IT, THE IRON ROD
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

malkie wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:32 pm
Wonhyo wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:02 pm

Accidental? No.

Funny? Yes.
Is that a scroll in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
Yes its a very loooooooong scroll..... :biggrin:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."