Sad...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Symmachus
_Emeritus

Re: Sad...

Post by _Symmachus »

esodije wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:27 pm
How many times, and in how many ways, can one beat a dead horse before one sees clearly the pointlessness of the exercise?
I think there is a lot more interesting stuff than that here. I for one don't waste my time on establishing this or that about the Church, but there is plenty to discuss and argue and learn about for those who interested in the Church and its culture for reasons other than justifying their faith or loss of it.
What I find impossibly boring is the over-intellectualizing of reasons to conclude the church isn’t what it claims to be. It’s totally inconsequential to me, so if there isn’t any light-hearted humor involved in it, it holds nothing for me.
I agree completely. People don't need intellectual reasons (or any reason) for either leaving or staying in the Church or concluding something affirmative or dispositive one way or an other.

The necessity of humor of whatever weight is simply not something up for debate.
"As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them."

—B. Redd McConkie