$1,000,000 Apostle Signing Bonus?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

$1,000,000 Apostle Signing Bonus?

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... ut_if_its/

tl;dr - Mormon Stories leaked a document that shows an apostle getting a $1M signing bonus. They took it down due to a threatened lawsuit.

This is my first time hearing about this. Anyone got more deets?

- Doc
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Re: $1,000,000 Apostle Signing Bonus?

Post by _Dr Moore »

Busche was not an apostle, was he?
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

I think you’re correct, Dr. Moore. If anyone can figure it out, I believe Google has a cached page that was taken down? I got this bit when I googled the linked webpage:

“7 hours ago · Years ago Mormon author and lifetime Church Education System employee Grant Palmer claimed to have had private meetings with an emeritus Mormon General Authority who had lost his faith, and...”

- Doc
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

Here is some additional information from Mormon Stories:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

How do most multi-billion dollar corporations reward those who sign on to a lifetime board of directors position?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

[quote=sunstoned post_id=1230013 time=1593233482 user_id=339]
Here is some additional information from Mormon Stories:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... conspiracy theory=clnk&gl=us
[/quote]

THANK YOU, SUNSTONED!

Here's the text from the link:

"Years ago Mormon author and lifetime Church Education System employee Grant Palmer claimed to have had private meetings with an emeritus Mormon General Authority who had lost his faith, and who had shared confidential information with Grant about what it was like to be a Mormon General Authority, including the information that Mormon apostles receive a very large “signing bonus” ($1M+) when they become an apostle. The GA also opined to Grant that at least some Mormon GA’s don’t really believe that the Mormon church is “true,” per se, but that they continue to support/lead the church because they believe it to be “good.”

The emeritus GA initially reached out to Grant because his groundbreaking book, “An Insider’s View of Mormon Origins,” had been super helpful to him as he deconstructed his own Mormon faith.

Recently this General Authority passed away, and since both Grant and the GA have now passed away, I feel comfortable disclosing that I have had several independent sources over the years confirm to me that Grant Palmer’s secret, non-believing, emeritus General Authority was F. Enzio Busche. Just in case anyone was still curious.

- The Mormon church’s obituary for Elder Busche can be found here.

- For those who want to hear more about his meetings with Elder Busche, Grant Palmer describes the meetings in detail in his final book “Restoring Christ: Leaving Mormon Jesus for Jesus of the Gospels.“"

WOW. NO WONDER LYIN' LOU AND DOWSIN' DAN HATED PALMER SO MUCH. THIS UTTERLY DESTROYS THE Mormon [edit: wtf, Shades?] CHURCH'S CLAIMS OF UNPAID CLERGY.

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!?!?

- Doc
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I'm sure the perks and bonuses are much more than that. When I was in high school, one of my friends was related to one of the First Presidency at the time. He said one day out of the blue that the FP gave themselves a bonus in some prime downtown SLC real estate. Then, they were just caught hiding billions. One wonders how much of that is going on. I know, I know DCP, there are the pictures of the modest houses and I can concur that those were at least one of their houses, but what is hidden from view? We don't know because the brethren aren't trustworthy when it comes to disclosure of church wealth.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

Busche visited my mission in 1994. It was the most memorable GA visit of my mission, because he told us all a very specific and miraculous story about a small branch in Eastern Europe.

The members there had to walk for hours to meet in a small apartment, where they sang and read for hours together. Elder Busche related that he was told by the branch president that when their voices ran out, angels came to sing for them. He told this story in a low voice, with tears, while walking between the chairs in a room with about 40 missionaries in a zone leader conference. He spoke in hushed tones.

I wrote in my mission journal every day without fail. This story from Elder Busche was one that I recorded, word for word from my notes that day. I read and reread it afterward. I’ll see if I can find the journal this week.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Dr. Moore,

If you could reproduce that talk, it'd be amazing to read especially given Mormon Stories' claims.

- Doc
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

https://preview.redd.it/0f58oop23o751.j ... bc297f9163

Huh. Surviving spouses keep gettin’ paid.

The link from the screen cap:

https://journeyofloyaldissent.wordpress ... 3/04/06/6/

- Doc