Return of the Dales - Coe the Book of Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Return of the Dales - Coe the Book of Mormon

Post by _aussieguy55 »

The Fair Conference
Joseph Smith: The World’s Greatest Guesser (a Bayesian Statistical Analysis of Positive and Negative Correspondences between the Book of Mormon and The Maya, 9th Edition)"

https://www.fairmormon.org/conference/2 ... conference

Has anyone listened?
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Return of the Dales - Coe the Book of Mormon

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Lemmie destroys whatever they say in 3......2...........1...............
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Arc
_Emeritus

Post by _Arc »

Lucky for the Dales that their presentation will be virtual. If the presentation were before a live audience, someone with even a rudimentary knowledge of statistics would surely have the presence of mind to point out their verifiable nonsense during the Q&A or panel discussion.
"The effort to understand the universe is one of the very few things which lifts human life a little above the level of farce and gives it some of the grace of tragedy." Steven Weinberg
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

I may have to disagree with you Arc. The live audience would still mandate the 60$ fee, and so it's nearly going to be 100% apologists in the audience and while some would be capable of seeing the many, many problems with their theory, what a blessing it is to lie for the cause!
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

In time I am certain the Dales will come to regret this paper.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:08 pm
In time I am certain the Dales will come to regret this paper.
Probably not much more than Peterson will regret having his own Midget donkey bray on and on and on and................on his blog
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

Maybe. But the paper is a hoax. Midgley may be rude, or hypocritical at times, and sometimes he is offensive, but his behavior isn’t a hoax. It’s just him though, genuine Louis Midgley. Take it or leave it. The Dale’s paper is a hoax of poor scholarship and that will not stand the test of time.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Agreed entirely. It was the singular greatest epic takedown of Mormon scholarship, right here in front of our own eyes on this board! It gives me goosebumps that I could literally witness it as it unfolded!
Dr CamNC4Me
_Arc
_Emeritus

Post by _Arc »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:01 pm
I may have to disagree with you Arc. The live audience would still mandate the 60$ fee, and so it's nearly going to be 100% apologists in the audience and while some would be capable of seeing the many, many problems with their theory, what a blessing it is to lie for the cause!
Dean Robbers, sadly I think you may be right on this. Hopefully after November 4th, 2020 telling lies for the cause will not have faux credibility that in currently enjoys on the American far right, especially within its religious societies.
"The effort to understand the universe is one of the very few things which lifts human life a little above the level of farce and gives it some of the grace of tragedy." Steven Weinberg