Hanna Seariac?????s Blog Offline

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Hanna Seariac’s Blog Offline

Post by _Kishkumen »

Hanna Seariac, rising star of alt-right Mopologia, created a blog to take on critics. “Bible and Brigham Based” was its name. Its inaugural post was a mini Dehlin hit piece with choice words of accusation aimed at Chino Blanco.

Hanna Seariac falsely accused Chino Blanco of being a pedophile, and Blanco did not take that one sitting down. Before long Seariac had edited Blanco out of her first post altogether. Now, “Bible and Brigham Based” is gone.

https://bibleandbrighambased.blogspot. ... 9726567380

So goes Hanna’s first Mopologetic blog. Now that it’s gone, I want to make a couple of observations:

The title of the blog, “Bible and Brigham Based” evokes Seariac’s Catholic past and LDS present. But this LDS present is of a particular kind. She doesn’t say “Joseph Based.” She chooses to identify with the favorite prophet of DezNat. He is among the least favorite prophets of more liberal Mormons.

The next thing that’s interesting here is Hanna’s cooperation with DezNat people on Twitter to go for the jugular by trumping up a false accusation against Chino Blanco of pedophilia. She was wise to back off of that, but her eagerness to go that route with DezNat helpers tells us a lot about who she is, how dirty she will play, and who she associates with.

It will be interesting to see where Hanna goes from here. Will she think better of her alt-right flirtations and settle into a more DCP-style polite Mormon conservatism? Or will she continue to be an active culture warrior?
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Re: Hanna Seariac’s Blog Offline

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I think the brethren want an approach more in line with what the MI does, a softer, more gentile style. They want economic power first and foremost, a seat at the power table. Conservatism like being against SSM is incidental, a way to get more evangelical contributors to the fund. Sure E. Holland gave the speech last year that Midge memorized, but that was a way of softening the blow to the bare knuckle style Midge loves. Money and corporate leadership is where they are at. $1 Trillion is around the corner and a buying opportunity is coming.

DezNat'ers will try to drive everything to the far right and that'll be a fight the brethren will occasionally have join. However, the brethren want a middle right conservative approach that supports their corporatism while not driving too many on the far right away.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Rumor has it that a certain professor of Egyptology recently fired from the MI is Seariac's faculty advisor and is feeding her information.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Maybe she was in the moment and thought she was invincible? Now was the time to finally clean up the streets. My gosh, she accused him of being a p*?? and just now, the proprietor of a certain blog accused Shades of being a bigot? What on earth are they complaining about Dr. Scratch for?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:45 am
Maybe she was in the moment and thought she was invincible? Now was the time to finally clean up the streets. My gosh, she accused him of being a p*?? and just now, the proprietor of a certain blog accused Shades of being a bigot? What on earth are they complaining about Dr. Scratch for?
Yeah, they got nasty with Chino Blanco pretty quickly, but they messed with the wrong guy.

I don’t think these Mopologists have any compunction about throwing out moral judgments. It is pretty clear that for them the cause they represent gives them almost unassailable credibility in doing so. I think they thrill in their conviction of being right for the best of reasons.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Fence Sitter wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:26 pm
Rumor has it that a certain professor of Egyptology recently fired from the MI is Seariac's faculty advisor and is feeding her information.
That is an incredible allegation, Fence Sitter. Unsurprising, and yet absolutely stunning. Look: certain Mopologists linked to Seariac's work. I guess they thought it would "fly"? Why has she deleted her blog, then? Is this a cause that isn't worth fighting for?
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_toon
_Emeritus

Post by _toon »

Looks like her blog is back up, albeit with a new name and with prior posts deleted.

https://intelligenttheologylds.blogspot.com/?m=1
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

toon wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:36 pm
Looks like her blog is back up, albeit with a new name and with prior posts deleted.

https://intelligenttheologylds.blogspot.com/?m=1

Thanks, toon. I stand corrected! Her Dehlin hit piece is still there, but she has the edited version up--the one that does not have the Chino Blanco material. I find it very interesting that she changed the name of the blog to "Intelligent Theology" (I guess as opposed to "Dumb Theology," whatever that is) from "Bible and Brigham Based" because "based" is an alt-right term that means "un-woke." But, if you look at her history more closely, this is a pattern for Hanna. She has had to spend almost as much time explaining herself as she has on any other topic.

"I may have been interested in protecting the name "Crusader," but not in the alt-right way . . . ."

"I may have used the word "based," but I don't mean it in the alt-right way . . . ."

"I may love Brigham, but not in the alt-right way . . . ."

How is it that so many of her choices leave her entangled in alt-right associations that she then has to step back from and explain away?

One gets the impression that she wants to benefit from being alt-right adjacent without actually paying for direct participation in the alt-right.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

You make a good point, Reverend. She's in an impossible situation.

Her platform, at least during moments of reconsideration, is to stand for traditional values but not in a way that disparages anybody. Right there, it's already a contradiction, but I think the bigger problem is that there is no market force that aligns with what she envisions, to the extent that such a vision is viable. The moment she worries, publicly and loudly, about subversive liberalization at BYU, there is pretty much one and only one group ready to get behind that in a re-tweet frenzy.

Is Sic et Non part of the Alt Right? Deploring Trump in and of itself doesn't really count. For one, the rightest of the alt-right feel that Trump has failed to go far enough, and do not like him. But for Sic et Non, I can't come up with much that explains their disdain. He doesn't carry himself as a stuffy Mormon General Authority. He is only opportunistically religious, and really doesn't care about the great institution of religion. Whereas the apologists have suffered through church their whole lives and have to "be good", Trump has gotten away with enjoying a privileged, worldly lifestyle, and now is revered as the greatest patron Saint of all time, while simultaneously not giving a damn about the Bible or religion at all, except as a way to gain popularity. Other than their somewhat out-of-place position on coronavirus, what has Trump actually done that has failed the apologists?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

It would be interesting to get Midgely's opinion about the witch hunt Seariac is creating.

No irony there at all.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."