Another Mormon fraudster? Trevor Milton

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Another Mormon fraudster? Trevor Milton

Post by _I have a question »

The CEO and founder of truck start-up company Nikola, who was forced to step down as executive chairman, is a college-dropout turned billionaire who set a Utah real-estate record, spending $32.5million on 2,670 acre ranch.

Trevor Milton, 39, says he was inspired by a Mormon mission trip to Brazil after leaving high school, telling outlets in June of this year he is a 'very faith-oriented CEO'. His company makes electric hydrogen-fuel cell vehicles and trucks and acts as a rival to Tesla from its base in Phoenix, Arizona.

Milton, whose company become a darling of the stock market over the summer, resigned as executive chairman on Monday following accusations by short-seller Hindenburg Research on September 10 that he made false claims about Nikola's technology.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... naire.html
Nikola was stung by accusations of fraud and misrepresentation in a Sept. 10 report by Hindenburg Research, a financial research firm run by analyst Nate Anderson. Among its allegations, the “breakthrough” battery system Milton said the company was working on last year doesn’t exist and Nikola claimed to have designed technology and vehicle components purchased from other manufacturers as its own. “We have never seen this level of deception at a public company, especially of this size,” Anderson said.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohnsma ... f554fa18e0

"...inspired by a Mormon mission trip to Brazil" I'll bet he was...
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Re: Another Mormon fraudster? Trevor Milton

Post by _Holy Ghost »

Maybe Milton saw, with his spiritual eyes, that in the not too distant future, Nikola would have that battery system and would soon have the designed tech and making the vehicle components.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Here is the anti-Mormon document, sent by the adversary Hindenburg Research, to confound the righteous at Nikola.

https://hindenburgresearch.com/nikola/
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

An Elizabeth Holmes story, in the hydrogen fuel cell dream. I think there is a real chance Trevor may lose everything once the civil and criminal suits are finished.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Keep it up Trevor. You'll make a great GOP presidential candidate someday.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

As if on cue, Res Ipsa:

“Two women file sexual abuse complaints against Nikola founder Trevor Milton”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/29/two-wom ... eExtension
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Damn. I should quit my day job and become a pundit.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

The women were both 15 at the time of the alleged molestation/sexual assault. Our hero was 18 and then 22 at the time of the alleged incidences with the two females. Maybe someday Mr. Milton will get a hero's welcome in the Utah State Penitentiary?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen