"Bitter Fruit"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: "Bitter Fruit"

Post by _I have a question »

Holy Ghost wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:25 am
Todd Christofferson calls children born out of wedlock: "bitter fruit."
I call this guy everything that the auto block here on Mormon Discussions would delete if I typed it.
It will be interesting to peruse the transcript of his talk, assuming it isn't cut.

Perhaps Nelson needs to direct his words “Today, I call upon our members everywhere to lead out in abandoning attitudes and actions of prejudice,” to his apostles who are prejudicing children "born out of wedlock".
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Gordy Ass Hinckley was just as bad. He cast out babies left and right as if they were nothing but bad fruit -- bitter, rotten, the results of sexual sins. He condemned gay marriage. Too bad the sorry bastard didn't live long enough to see it legalized in the USA. I have zero respect for Hinkley. He was a religious gangster -- an evil man.
Gordon B. Hinckley President of the Church wrote:How bitter are the fruits of casting aside standards of virtue. The statistics are appalling. More than one-fourth of all children born in the United States are born out of wedlock, and the situation grows more serious.

<snip>

There are those who would have us believe in the validity of what they choose to call same-sex marriage. Our hearts reach out to those who struggle with feelings of affinity for the same gender. We remember you before the Lord, we sympathize with you, we regard you as our brothers and our sisters. However, we cannot condone immoral practices on your part any more than we can condone immoral practices on the part of others.
Hey, Gordy -- I can't condone wicked preachers like you who are running a cult and calling it a church. You're a liar Gordy. Roll in your grave you dirty SOB.

:twisted:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I'm bad fruit.

Angel Moroni can baptize me and make me clean.

Mama bore bad fruit! Bad baby! Ur evil.

Bad baby is going to hell just as soon as he turns 8!

_I have a question
_Emeritus

Peterson reports the words used as follows...
“Adultery, promiscuity, elective abortion, and out-of-wedlock births are but some of the bitter fruits that grow out of the immorality sanctioned by the sexual revolution,” said Elder Christofferson.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... ruits.html

If that is an accurate transcript of what Christofferson said then he is indeed calling the birth of a child to a single parent (or parents who have not entered into a civil ceremony to formalise their relationship) a "bitter fruit". The "fruit" of such a situation is the child, and Christofferson (likely unwittingly) has just been very derogatory to children born in those scenarios.

You will note that Christofferson uses the term "the sexual revolution" to provide his audience with an enemy. Unfortunately for him, use of that phrase shows his thinking and points of reference are seriously outdated.
The sexual revolution, also known as a time of sexual liberation, was a social movement that challenged traditional codes of behavior related to sexuality and interpersonal relationships throughout the United States and subsequently, the wider world, from the 1960s to the 1980s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_revolution

That Apostles of the Church are 50 years behind the times should surprise nobody.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Dr. E. Daniel Peterson issued an apologetic from a villa in Park City:

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_I have a question
_Emeritus

moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:48 am
Dr. E. Daniel Peterson issued an apologetic from a villa in Park City:

Peterson claims to be Christoffersons official spokesperson (or mind reader)
That’s what Elder Christofferson had in mind, when he briefly mentioned “illegitimate births” in his overall remarks about “sustainable societies.”
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

I love not watching General Conference. I don’t miss GC at all. Rare is the time that I care what a GA says.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Peterson is an apologetic robot that will defend anything no matter how sickening it is just so long as it's defending Mormonism.

Children are not bitter fruit. The word "bitter" shouldn't be associated with children in any way. It's a religious application from judgmental religious people who devalue others because they don't hold to the same standards. Any connection with children to the word "bitter" in this sort of application is simply evil. It's a backdoor into making people feel guilty and less worthy. It's bad labeling, period. It's what cults do to make people feel like they are dependent on the religion. This form of labeling should be done away in it's entirety. It's time for the human race to move on and evolve. That can be done without religion!
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

Eh, I think it's silly to blow this one out of proportion. It was a poorly proofread sentence, nothing more. Mistakes like these are predictable enough, since the goal is so singularly on keeping members afraid of stepping outside of the church-defined chalk line of morality.

Did anyone else see the great irony in Nelson saying:
Nelson wrote:Life without God is a life filled with fear. Life with God is a life filled with peace.
Right, when the very statement is crafted to engender fear on the part of believers... also where exactly is the data that supports his proposition?
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Presdient NelSatan wrote:Life without God is a life filled with fear. Life with God is a life filled with peace.
That's how he views it, a closed minded and an uninspired man. He's spiritually stunted, a re-tarded mind that stopped growing long ago. NelSatan is a fool.

NelSatan also teaches the Book of Mormon statement as INTERPRED by Mormon leadership that "wickedness never was happiness", such wickedness includes gay and lesbian relations. The Mormons are utterly wrong. How do I know? Experience. I've lived Mormonism and I've lived the other. I have experience and it's not for the re-tarded brain dead cultish Mormons to tell me whether I think I'm happy or not.

Up goes my middle finger! To the Mormons and their brainwashing cult. Living Mormonism was misery. I was so unhappy in the cult.

:twisted: