Death of Tom Kimball

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Re: Death of Tom Kimball

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Tom:

Thanks very much for clearing that up. I cannot recall if I was the one who asked you; I think I remember hearing the rumor about you being Kimball from Blair Hodges, back when he was posting as LifeOnaPlate. Regardless, my apologies for the mistake. Most of all, I'm glad that I and others will continue to get to enjoy your posts.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Tom wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:04 pm
I can confirm that I was not Tom Kimball. I also did not know, nor did I have any type of relationship with, him. I knew nothing about his personal history. As a secondary subject of this thread, I will note that an active member of this board asked me 12 years ago via PM here if I was Tom Kimball, and I said no. I had no clue at the time or in the intervening years that the issue would very publicly re-emerge here in 2020.

To end additional speculation, I will say that I’m also not Tom (the piper’s son), Tom Alexander, Tom Araya, Tom Arnold, Tom Bosley, Tom Brady, Tom Brokaw, Tommy Chong, Tom Cruise, Tom Ford, Tom Green, Tom Hanks, Tom Hardy, Tommy Lee, Tommy Lee Jones, Tom Morello, Tom Murphy, Tom Selleck, Tom Thumb, or Tom Waits.

I’ve likely said too much. I need to return to writing my forthcoming three-volume biography of Louis Midgley, tentatively titled Junkyard Dog of Mopologetics.
Thanks. I'm glad to know the truth. Also, if you write the three volume series, I am sure it would be a best-seller. So much of Midge's tactics can be compared to defending the indefensible in all walks of life and that might resonate with a wider audience.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

I have always enjoyed the comments by our "Tom" and am greatly relieved to see him still here.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

And you weren't on the Ed Sullivan show?

You're not that Tommy, are you?

_MrStakhanovite
_Emeritus

Post by _MrStakhanovite »

Tom wrote:
I can confirm that I was not Tom Kimball. I also did not know, nor did I have any type of relationship with, him. I knew nothing about his personal history. As a secondary subject of this thread, I will note that an active member of this board asked me 12 years ago via PM here if I was Tom Kimball, and I said no. I had no clue at the time or in the intervening years that the issue would very publicly re-emerge here in 2020.

To end additional speculation, I will say that I’m also not Tom (the piper’s son), Tom Alexander, Tom Araya, Tom Arnold, Tom Bosley, Tom Brady, Tom Brokaw, Tommy Chong, Tom Cruise, Tom Ford, Tom Green, Tom Hanks, Tom Hardy, Tommy Lee, Tommy Lee Jones, Tom Morello, Tom Murphy, Tom Selleck, Tom Thumb, or Tom Waits.

I’ve likely said too much. I need to return to writing my forthcoming three-volume biography of Louis Midgley, tentatively titled Junkyard Dog of Mopologetics.

Tom Hardy confirmed posting on MDB.
_Nomomo
_Emeritus

Post by _Nomomo »

Odd, I am not finding anything at all about this story at the Deseret News or Salt Lake Tribune. Not even an obituary. I wonder why that is.
The Universe is stranger than we can imagine.
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

Tom wrote:
I can confirm that I was not Tom Kimball.
Okay, but how can you prove it?

(Disclaimer: This post is a joke.)
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Tom wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:16 pm
I am not an academic of any sort.
I am sure the faculty at Cassius are open to changing that based on meritorious contributions here.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Tom wrote:
No doubt you will deny being Tom Terrific, Tom Bombadil, or Tom Yum soup. Anyway, good luck with your volume on Louis Midgley.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Glad you are the Tom who you are......looking forward to the bio on Midget........
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."