GC Oct 2021

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

GC Oct 2021

Post by Dr Moore »

MG 2.0
God

Re: GC Oct 2021

Post by MG 2.0 »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:40 pm
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/eve ... e?lang=eng

Starts in 20 mins. Enjoy.
I did. How about you?

Family over. Kneaders French Toast. Nice morning.

Regards,
MG
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

What wonderful new revelations have sprung forth from our “prophets, seers, and revelators”?
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:17 pm
What wonderful new revelations have sprung forth from our “prophets, seers, and revelators”?

Just the usual. Several talks about the evils of religions hoarding and acquiring vast wealth and several talks about the importance of extending love, fellowship and tolerance toward marginalized people and our LGTBQ brothers and sisters.

Oh, wait…. . .. . .. . .. . .
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:17 pm
In my experience, families make an "occasion" out of conference in order to surgar-coat four hours of boredom that they don't get anything out of. For instance, getting everyone together and making a big, syrupy breakfast that conveniently runs into the first few talks of the session.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Carbs and carb comas made GC fly by in a carb coma dream.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Caught most of it.

Church attendance is down. But, BUT, leaders are concerned it is down elsewhere too.

A reminder to active members that those who stop attending do so for bad reasons. In case folks had begun to listen and sympathize.

Acquisition of wealth is a sin. But evidently not if Jesus does it through the church.

Labels are divisive. Except for the binary heteronormative labels assigned by the proclamation.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:58 pm
Acquisition of wealth is a sin. But evidently not if Jesus does it through the church.
Who could keep a straight enough face to say that?!!!!
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I think DCP has earned a break from being subjected to the full 16 hours of conference. He’s done enough for the church to earn a waiver. I’m glad to see him enjoying vacation and duking it out on the blog rather than falling asleep in front of the conference bore.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Oops - I missed it.

No problem, though - I just listened to the first couple of minutes of the "sustaining" session, and, as usual, voted not to sustain the FP and Q12.

Now I can email my SP, also as usual, to ask him to ensure that my opposition is properly registered and counted.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!