Why I Love Mormonism!!!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Atlanticmike
God

Why I Love Mormonism!!!!

Post by Atlanticmike »

Since I’m one of the only Mormons that post here I thought I would start a thread and talk about why I love Mormons and Mormonism. [deleted] So I thought you guys would like to know more about me!! Mormonism has given me so much happiness in my life! I really enjoy having a Mormon community to rely on when I need help. Brothers and sisters willing to help you do just about anything for just a can of postum and a plastic bag of Girl Scout cookies. My kids have learned so much from going to church and interacting with their Mormon friends. My wife and I are so happy our children were able to grow up around people who follow Christ. Ok!! More to come later!! Feel free to join in and tell your wonderful and exciting stories about Mormonism!! I’ll have more great stories coming later!

Comments in the OP designed to bait other posters are not about Mormonism. -cp-
Failed Prophecy
Star A

Re: Why I Love Mormonism!!!!

Post by Failed Prophecy »

Glad it works for you. Maybe spend more time rubbing shoulders will your Mormon friends and less time here. That would surely prove your point.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:58 am
Since I’m one of the only Mormons that post here I thought I would start a thread and talk about why I love Mormons and Mormonism. [deleted] So I thought you guys would like to know more about me!! Mormonism has given me so much happiness in my life! I really enjoy having a Mormon community to rely on when I need help. Brothers and sisters willing to help you do just about anything for just a can of postum and a plastic bag of Girl Scout cookies. My kids have learned so much from going to church and interacting with their Mormon friends. My wife and I are so happy our children were able to grow up around people who follow Christ. Ok!! More to come later!! Feel free to join in and tell your wonderful and exciting stories about Mormonism!! I’ll have more great stories coming later!

Oh wow!! Are you tellin me because the Professor wrote a couple of post in blue and capitalized all the letters in a bunch of words he gets the celebrity treatment? Wow! This is going to be fun!! If I invite Daniel Peterson to answer a question, because I guarantee he reads this board, will you remove my invitation to him?
Last edited by Atlanticmike on Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Failed Prophecy wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:12 am
Glad it works for you. Maybe spend more time rubbing shoulders will your Mormon friends and less time here. That would surely prove your point.
Hey pancakes. I feel like this poster is trying to bait me, can you delete this post please so I can continue explaining why I love Mormonism?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this, Atlanticmike. I am eager to see what you add to this thread over time, and I hope others will add things that they love about Mormonism and Mormons. I am with you. There is a lot to love about Mormonism and Mormons. Just because I choose not to affiliate with the LDS Church anymore does not mean I don't love Mormonism and Mormons. There is so much about both that is really cool and interesting. I think this is a great idea for a thread.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

The thing I love most about Mormonism is the license it gives me to judge every other Christian faith as apostate.

#playingatchurch
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

What I love most about Mormonism - the spirit of adventure in their origins.

I have thought about the friends I had along the way, the youth stuff that was great, and our volumes of family history that have been professionally assembled. Lots of stuff. But nothing, nothing, nothing stands out to me like being from a line of people that took off into the frontier and went west. That spirit of working, building, risk and guts, even with the BS and the fake as hell and nearly mythical stories that came with it, makes me happy.
Jason Bourne
Star A

Post by Jason Bourne »

Atlanticmike wrote:

I am a Mormon. I just don't participate anymore.
Jason Bourne
Star A

Post by Jason Bourne »

Atlanticmike wrote:

and I will try to get to a post to tell you what I loved about Mormonism, still love about it and how regardless of whether or not I believe it anymore, how I have benefited from it.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Binger wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:55 pm
What I love most about Mormonism - the spirit of adventure in their origins.

I have thought about the friends I had along the way, the youth stuff that was great, and our volumes of family history that have been professionally assembled. Lots of stuff. But nothing, nothing, nothing stands out to me like being from a line of people that took off into the frontier and went west. That spirit of working, building, risk and guts, even with the BS and the fake as hell and nearly mythical stories that came with it, makes me happy.
I love that way of thinking about Mormonism.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood