Question for KevinSim- biblical gospel articulation request

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Question for KevinSim- biblical gospel articulation request

Post by Chap »

FYI:

Psalm 14:
1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord.

5 There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.

6 Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the Lord is his refuge.

7 Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the Lord bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:57 pm
malkie wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:21 pm

Did he mean no god of any sort? or that only people who disbelieve in the god you believe in are fools?

How so? Surely he doesn't expect reasonable thinking people to believe without good reason. (although I know that, from my PoV, many do.)

Would you mind passing on a message to him? Could you tell him that if he wants people to believe in him (and I'm assuming from what you say that that is the case) he should provide some actual real and unequivocal evidence of his existence? Up till now he has been a lousy communicator.

Malkie the Psalm is not discussing why people should believe in god and makes no claim than anybody who does not believe is a fool. It is complaining that brutal criminal people act with disregard to other as if there was no god. If you are not treating others badly the Psalm is not about you.

I do not know if God wants you to believe in god or not or not. God might have other interests.
Thanks, huckleberry - I appreciate the response, and, believe it or not, your explanation of the intent of the Psalm.

And although you have replied, I'd still be interested in seeing what KS has to say, and whether he might concede that it appears that he might have been misusing or misinterpreting the Psalm in order to score a point, or that he simply was unaware of the explanation you have given. Of course, he may just not accept your explanation.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

KevinSim wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:50 am

He said that fools say there is no God.
How did he tell you that? Still small voice? Thundering cataclysm? Or reading the old Bible?
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos