Question for KevinSim- biblical gospel articulation request

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
dastardly stem
God

Re: Question for KevinSim- biblical gospel articulation request

Post by dastardly stem »

KevinSim wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:18 pm
Actually, MsNobody, I've been reading the Bible for several months now. Just today I finished Psalm 14. I did ask God to open my eyes and heart to what He would say to me.
out of curiosity, what did He say?
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

malkie wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:45 am
One of your claims is that people can themselves ask God questions and get answers directly.

Why should people believe you, and, apparently, disbelieve msnobody?
Malkie, if your goal is to find out the will of God in your life, then what else can you do? Granted, you can assume that God speaks through the Bible. But why through the Bible? Why not through the Vedas, or the Gathas, or the Adi Granth, or the Dhammapada, to name just a few of the books people consider to be scripture? Assuming God speaks through one of those books just seems so indirect. Why not ask God which one (if any) speaks for Her/Him before assuming one does?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

KevinSim wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:11 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:09 am
Gee, all he would have to do is talk to them and tell them the truth... if he is unhappy, with the power he possesses, then he deserves to be since he doesn't take steps to solve the problem.
Philo Sofee, how much power does God possess?
If He doesn't have enough to help solve problems what good is He? I dunno, and I suspect no one does, but many sure think they have an idea...
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:44 pm
KevinSim wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:11 pm

Philo Sofee, how much power does God possess?
If He doesn't have enough to help solve problems what good is He? I dunno, and I suspect no one does, but many sure think they have an idea...
Money seems to be a problem for god.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Rivendale wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:46 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:44 pm

Money seems to be a problem for god.
Yeah but his church is loaded with it, in both the apostate form (Catholicism) and the restoration form, (Mormonism) so it's all good... I'm sure he can ask his prophet for a small loan for this Holidays...
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

KevinSim wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:02 am
msnobody wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:09 am
You don’t have to limit yourself to those five chapters. : )
May the Lord wash you in the water of His word, and pour His love into your heart as you read of His great love for you.
What exactly is His word? Are you referring to the Bible?
I'm referring to the word- the Bible which tells of The Word-Jesus. The message to us about ourselves and about Jesus/God.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

KevinSim wrote:
msnobody wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:39 am

Kevin,
Here is your assignment, go read the Bible (the word, about the Word- Jesus), not already knowing what it will say to you, but allow God to speak to you. Ask him to open your eyes and heart to what He’d say to you. Read it like a child. Don’t respond to this post with a question.
Actually, MsNobody, I've been reading the Bible for several months now. Just today I finished Psalm 14. I did ask God to open my eyes and heart to what He would say to me.
That is wondeful, KevinSim. Keep reading and wait to hear from Him.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

dastardly stem wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:29 pm
KevinSim wrote:
out of curiosity, what did He say?
Don't rush God or KevinSim. 8-)
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Informant wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:24 am
Technically, no. I don’t even know where I was last night. Or where I am now, or even if I am.
Are you doing drugs?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Informant
CTR B

Post by Informant »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Are you doing drugs?
Right now? No.

As often as possible? Hell yea!