New Podcasts on the Weird and Incoherent Mormon God(s)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Re: New Podcasts on the Weird and Incoherent Mormon God(s)

Post by bill4long »

When I die, if Jesus greets me with the Patriarchal Grip, I'm going to lose it.

Who else agrees?
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Re: Foreskin Podcast

Post by bill4long »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:39 pm
Perhaps you might consider doing a podcast on whether Jesus has a foreskin or not.
Let's take it back farther:

Does Heavenly Father have a foreskin or not? Are exalted penises free of that tip-fold that most of the world's males possess?

And what about all the gods before him? Back to infinity. Is the infinite regress of exalted penises...

Snipped, or no? (That's a lot of penises. An infinite number of them. How much do they weigh? An infinite number of pounds of penises and possibily foreskins piled up somewhere! The mind reels. Yowza!)

A burning question. The world deserves to know.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

bill4long wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:31 am
Shulem wrote:
Perhaps you might consider doing a podcast on whether Jesus has a foreskin or not.

Does Heavenly Father have a foreskin or not? Are exalted penises free of that tip-fold that most of the world's males possess?

And what about all the gods before him? Back to infinity. Is the infinite regress of exalted penises...

Snipped, or no? (That's a lot of penises. An infinite number of them. How much do they weigh? An infinite number of pounds of penises and possibily foreskins piled up somewhere! The mind reels. Yowza!)

:lol: Yes, an infinity of foreskins... I just couldn't have thought of it in that way... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Philo,

Perhaps you might consider doing a podcast on whether Jesus has a foreskin or not. The world has a right to know. And I'm sure that every member of the church would like to know.

Thanks for your consideration,

Shulem
That... is... actually.............. in the works.............an I'm not dickin around either. I plan on doing many podcasts on Francesca Stavrakopoulou's book God: An Anatomy. It's in there. NO! I actually know it IS in there man....
Shulem
God

Burgy the Iceman

Post by Shulem »

Philo,

Luckily I found some notes on one of my computers in which I wrote about the experience of a friend of mine who lives in the UK who had an amazing out of body experience a long time ago. Steve Burg had an experience that far exceeds anything I've ever heard pertaining to religious or visionary experiences. He approached the very CORE which is the closest you can get wherein the infinite comes into contact with the finite. Let me know if you're interested and I might drum up some of those notes and share a little of that with you. What is it like for a finite being to come very close to the infinite? It's really, really, scary stuff!!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I would be very interested Shulem.

For all the board, Numbers 06 and 07 podcasts have been put up for your listening pleasures. This entire new series so far is with the problematic nature of God in Mormonism, and these most recent 2 are spectacular at showing the confusion and weirdness of God in Mormonism and identifying which God is who and why, etc. It's a mess and a powerful historical rebuke to proclaimed revelation for truth on doctrinal doubts.
https://backyardprofessor.org/
Informant
CTR B

Post by Informant »

bill4long wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:31 am

You’ve never heard of the præputium?
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:47 am
I would be very interested Shulem.

O flip, I'm humiliated. I got my names all messed up. It's Stephen Berg.

Okay, I don't have access to that particular computer right now but will retrieve that file next week and see what I can share.

Oh, goody, more Backyard Professor podcasts. But I'm watching reruns of the Great British Baking Show so that takes precedence. :lol:
Shulem
God

Jehovah as the Father

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:47 am
06 podcasts

Philo,

Early in the podcast you stated that with the interchangeability of the roles of the Father and the Son in the earliest Mormon theology it is impossible to specifically identify the identity of Joseph Smith's first few Jehovah references as either the Father or the Son. Recall how during the dedicatory prayer of the Kirtland Temple (D&C 109), Smith calls upon God with a triple shot: (1)"Holy Father", (2)"Jehovah", and (3)"Lord God Almighty" and how the saints are to go out of the temple and bear witness of his name which theologically speaking could be none other than the name of the personage of Jesus Christ which is the only name under heaven by which mankind may be saved.

Interestingly, in the very next section (110), the Lord appears in the temple and the very "voice of Jehovah" identifies himself as Jesus when he says "I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father."

Sooooo, we do have a reference when Jehovah does step up to the plate and says he's Jesus.
Shulem
God

New Series Podcasts: Elohim & Jehovah in Mormonism

Post by Shulem »

The 7th podcast is spot on, a grand slam. It deserves a second listen as an excellent theological discourse. It is required listening. Bravo!

The name Elohim came first in biblical use to represent the Hebrew God. The name Jehovah came later through Moses the Levite who reestablished a strict Hebrew religion under the shadow of Jethro. The divine personage of Elohim & Jehovah are ONE IN THE SAME, the very "Lord God Almighty." Christianity of the New Testament and the Book of Mormon recognize the monotheistic ONE GOD as a Trinitarian expression of that God. The 1832 First Vision account is entirely Trinitarian in nature whereby Smith described seeing one person and one person only.