How Much Money Has Royal Skousen Made from Mopologetics?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
GiordanoBruno
Nursery

Re: How Much Money Has Royal Skousen Made from Mopologetics?

Post by GiordanoBruno »

Dr Moore wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:47 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:53 pm
You're right that academic is rife with all sorts of silly projects like this, but this is slightly different in that it's being funded by a Mopologetic organization. And maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen any validation of his work from other "serious" Mormon scholars. I mean, have Givens or Hardy or Bushman stepped up to proclaim how great Skousen's Early Modern English "discovery" is? What about the Maxwell Institute?
You are so right. This isn’t an academic field at all. It’s an invented fascination, for which the global collaboration universe is one team. Sort of like, I imagine, finding an A-team to conduct a 10 year deep dive studying the minutest language patterns in the collective sermons of Robert Tilton. Sure, people will stop to look in the widow at the results. However, no serious scholar would ever lend their credentials or time to the pursuit. It’s a dead end.

I know nothing about the language patterns of his sermons, but the man we here in Dallas called "Rootin Tootin" Robert Tilton did have a very fine shoe collection.