Tyler Livingston--Former FAIR Stalwart--Has Left the Church

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Tyler Livingston--Former FAIR Stalwart--Has Left the Church

Post by Kishkumen »

Take care, Wade! Don’t be a stranger!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

wenglund wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:35 am
I came here to see how you all were faring and to briefly propose a different way of looking at things. I have done that.
First adopt a different way of looking at things yourself. You've only had one way your entire life.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:58 am
wenglund wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:35 am
I came here to see how you all were faring and to briefly propose a different way of looking at things. I have done that.
First adopt a different way of looking at things yourself. You've only had one way your entire life.
The hubris of a 60-something guy who’s been an unmarried Mormon his whole life, ’ministering’ Sunday School lessons to posters on this board, proclaiming we need to lOoK aT tHiNgS dIfFeReNtLy is a perfect example of cultic myopia. :roll: Crazy.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:51 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:58 am

The hubris of a 60-something guy who’s been an unmarried Mormon his whole life, ’ministering’ Sunday School lessons to posters on this board, proclaiming we need to lOoK aT tHiNgS dIfFeReNtLy is a perfect example of cultic myopia. :roll: Crazy.

- Doc
Especially since many here were also raised in that way of thinking and have already examined it deeply and found it wanting.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:23 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:51 pm

- Doc
Especially since many here were also raised in that way of thinking and have already examined it deeply and found it wanting.
I agree. Poor Wade is left to wonder how the future will agree with his past or vice versa. I'm afraid he has more soul searching to do. And he's all alone. It's not good for man to be alone. That is why humans pair up and seek companionship, physical affection, and love. But Wade has turned himself into a Mormon-monk. That is unhealthy.
Tacenda
Sunbeam

Post by Tacenda »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:50 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:00 am
What?!?!

That’s amazing. Do you know if he has an exit story? I thought ttribe was an Englund/MG type who was going to die a Morm despite he obvious fraud that it is.

- Doc
You're correct. ttribe was a pretty hardcore TBM.

Is it just me or are most of the "Contributors" over at MAD now ex-Mormon? To just name a few, Teancum, California Boy, ttribe, Analytics, HappyJackWagon, Tacenda, Sunstoned and Craig Speechly are all very critical of Church.

Even long time TBM posters like Nevo and Nehor seem to much more critical than supportive of LDS claims. It's not a very pro-Mormon board anymore.

Something is in the water over there. It's a completely different MAD compared to several years ago when Calm and Juliann freaked out and banned everyone who didn't toe the line.
I hopped on here, and was a little surprised to see myself mentioned. I can attest that the MDDB isn't like it use to be. Many are softening, in my opinion. I can't say exactly why I get this notion, it's just a feeling. And not saying they don't believe, just that they don't jump all over people that bring up warts etc. Or want change in the church, such as Pogi.
Tacenda
Sunbeam

Post by Tacenda »

wenglund wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:34 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:44 am
I 2nd this. Good to see you active and posting a bit and mixing it up Wade. Always good exercise for my own brain cells when I do so - GRIN! And heavens knows, at this age, I need it... :lol:
Likewise. You have been, and still are, one of my favorite people. Seeing your jovial personality, keen intellect, and well intentioned spirit on a recent podcast, is what drew me back here. You are a genuinely a loveable guy. My only regret is that we don't have you fighting the good fight on our side. All the best.

Thanks, Wade Englund
Would it be the one with RFM and dissecting a talk by Elder Bednar? Now I can't find it or I would link it. But I absolutely love listening to the two them talk and interact.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Tacenda wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:17 am
Would it be the one with RFM and dissecting a talk by Elder Bednar? Now I can't find it or I would link it. But I absolutely love listening to the two them talk and interact.
Hi, Tacenda! I appreciate your posts when looking at that board. Posters do seem much nicer, although there are some holdouts. More power to Pogi and Nehor. I imagine all the historical information on the net has taken its toll on Mormon D&D.

Did you see Mormonism LIVE: 113: What Ever Happened To The Great Apostasy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI2WO4ujyAs
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace