Interpreter Drops a Thanksgiving Bomb on Kofford Books

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
IHAQ
God

Re: Interpreter Drops a Thanksgiving Bomb on Kofford Books

Post by IHAQ »

Further complicating the situation is that it is unknown whether any of the terminology and ritual dialogue patterns that are similar in Freemasonry and the temple ordinances were originally part of the endowment as given by Joseph Smith in the Red Brick Store or were introduced later as part of the revisions and standardization that occurred under the direction of Brigham Young.[3]
https://interpreterfoundation.org/an-im ... -infinite/

Is that not a distinction without a difference?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Of course, there is the little matter of some of that dialogue showing up in an account of the contents of the 116 lost pages.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Anyone want poisoned turkey for thanksgiving?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:03 pm
Anyone want poisoned turkey for thanksgiving?
I had 2 thighs... so far, no problems, but it is early... :lol:
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

It’s seeming more and more like this is an attempt to rescue Bradshaw’s damaged reputation. But the fact remains that he essentially “stole” material so that he could write his own book. And if memory serves, the accounts from Bruno, Ericsson, and others don’t really square with Bradshaw’s portrayal of what happened.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:22 pm
It’s seeming more and more like this is an attempt to rescue Bradshaw’s damaged reputation. But the fact remains that he essentially “stole” material so that he could write his own book. And if memory serves, the accounts from Bruno, Ericsson, and others don’t really square with Bradshaw’s portrayal of what happened.
Yes, if Bradshaw really did give her ample warning that he was using her book to complete his own in time for the publication date of hers, then I can't imagine her or Loyd not being upset about it. It really is so obviously a dick move, as it were. He wants to portray this as a big happy cooperating family when in fact there is good reason to believe that is not the case at all.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:29 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:22 pm
Yes, if Bradshaw really did give her ample warning that he was using her book to complete his own in time for the publication date of hers, then I can't imagine her or Loyd not being upset about it. It really is so obviously a dick move, as it were. He wants to portray this as a big happy cooperating family when in fact there is good reason to believe that is not the case at all.
Indeed. It’s fitting that Interpreter’s next film will focus on Brigham Young, who once said, famously:
We have the greatest and smoothest liars in the world, the cunninest and most adroit thieves, and any other shade of character that you can mention.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Informant
CTR B

Post by Informant »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Indeed. It’s fitting that Interpreter’s next film will focus on Brigham Young, who once said, famously:
We have the greatest and smoothest liars in the world, the cunninest and most adroit thieves, and any other shade of character that you can mention.
Um, have you been to Ogden, Utah?

😉
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

I think tomorrow’s Backyard Professor show where Cheryl Bruno and Nick Liturski spill the beans may be “Must Watch TV.”
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014