Provo Temple broken into

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
IHAQ
God

Provo Temple broken into

Post by IHAQ »

A man was arrested Tuesday after he allegedly broke into the Provo City Center Temple belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Luis Zamora, 33, now faces one count of burglary, a third-degree felony.

Arrest documents state a stained glass window, valued at $4,000, was broken the night before and police obtained a photo of the individual who was involved from a video of the incident.

Video showed a person using a metal tray to break the window before unlocking the door and going inside the temple, documents state.

Other officials identified Zamora as the individual in the video and he was detained by police, documents state.

At first, Zamora told police he never went to the temple, however, then he said he did go to the facility because he was cold and did not want to be on the street, arrest documents read.
https://www.fox13now.com/news/crime/man ... -in-damage

Would Jesus have locked the doors to his Fathers House so as to prevent homeless people from entering?

Given that a non temple recommend holding person has been in, will the temple need to be rededicated?
drumdude
God

Re: Provo Temple broken into

Post by drumdude »

The house of the lord sitting there empty all night, thermostat set at a nice toasty 80F while the homeless freeze outside, is the Plan of Happiness.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

With it's mountain of money, the church could overly easily build homeless shelters of great comfort for many tens of thousands of the homeless as a shelter against the weather, and remake the money from the stock market in a quarter of a year, a mere 90 days, no less poorer... to the tremendous benefit and thanks of others of Heavenly Father's children... the things that make ya go hmmmmmm.
Shulem
God

House of Satan

Post by Shulem »

To me this looks like a haunted house and a habitation of devils and evil things that go bump in the night. It's scary looking and makes me think of Vincent Price or one of those late night movies I used to watch as a kid.

Swear to me! Come into my house. Kneel before me.
Informant
CTR B

Post by Informant »

IHAQ wrote:
Would Jesus have locked the doors to his Fathers House so as to prevent homeless people from entering?

Given that a non temple recommend holding person has been in, will the temple need to be rededicated?
JAQing off again, I see.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:50 pm
The house of the lord sitting there empty all night, thermostat set at a nice toasty 80F while the homeless freeze outside, is the Plan of Happiness.
But they did install low flow toilets and sprinkler systems.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: House of Satan

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:03 am
To me this looks like a haunted house and a habitation of devils and evil things that go bump in the night. It's scary looking and makes me think of Vincent Price or one of those late night movies I used to watch as a kid.

Swear to me! Come into my house. Kneel before me.
Actually, that is gorgeous architecture! I LOVE buildings that have class, rather than drab, boring, dull grey colored boxes with the same old boring rectangle windows. Our artistic sense in our post modern age flat SUCKS. Would that we would open our spirits up to more beautiful, graceful, and colorful building like this...
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I’m with you, Philo.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to
explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Agree on all counts with regard to architecture. We’re in a utilitarian age that depresses the spirit, but maximizes profit!

As far as Luis is concerned, I believe there are a couple of resource centers nearby that could’ve helped him out if getting out of the cold was a concern. Picking the most conspicuous building in Provo to break into would be a poor strategy, in my opinion.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Yes, the lack of wit breaking into the temple was less than stellar.