The Discuss Mormonism Podcast/YouTube Channel

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: The Discuss Mormonism Podcast/YouTube Channel

Post by Kishkumen »

DrStakhanovite wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:52 am
As someone who has spent countless hours on the phone with the good Reverend, I can confirm he doesn't sound like Alan Rickman in any capacity. Jovial, full of gnosis and virility, sure, but a languid Englishman he is not.
Maybe our kind DrStak would be a wingman on the show! Stak has a great broadcast voice and he is a gent of great learning!
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Honestly, we have so much talent, we really need round table chats. I also think Larry King style interviews of board members would be fantastic.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Salvete
CTR A

Post by Salvete »

OK, here’s a challenge.

How will you protect the super secret identities of your guests? You will never get Doctor Scratch or Gadianton or Everybody Wang Chung to participate unless they have reassurance that it is completely anonymous.

You’d need a voice changer, and forget about video.
From the end spring new beginnings.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Salvete wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:42 am
OK, here’s a challenge.

How will you protect the super secret identities of your guests? You will never get Doctor Scratch or Gadianton or Everybody Wang Chung to participate unless they have reassurance that it is completely anonymous.

You’d need a voice changer, and forget about video.
I have been thinking about that. Voice changers are relatively inexpensive these days. I bought one for $200 for my recording hobby. Putting up their avatars to represent them would be easy enough.
Salvete
CTR A

Post by Salvete »

Kishkumen wrote: I have been thinking about that. Voice changers are relatively inexpensive these days. I bought one for $200 for my recording hobby. Putting up their avatars to represent them would be easy enough.
Does that mean you’re going to create the theme song and produce the sound effects?
From the end spring new beginnings.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:26 pm
DrStakhanovite wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:52 am
As someone who has spent countless hours on the phone with the good Reverend, I can confirm he doesn't sound like Alan Rickman in any capacity. Jovial, full of gnosis and virility, sure, but a languid Englishman he is not.
Maybe our kind DrStak would be a wingman on the show! Stak has a great broadcast voice and he is a gent of great learning!
Oh that would be stellar. Sincerely... Dr. Stak please consider such an honor from our beloved Kishkumen...
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:29 pm
Honestly, we have so much talent, we really need round table chats. I also think Larry King style interviews of board members would be fantastic.
That just sounds so blasted FUN! I'm all in on this. A round table with several of you would make some dang fine listening and watching.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

You can download Reaper for free and change your voice just about however you want with stock plugins.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

I really like the idea. Maybe like once a month: pick a topic, give 5-6 people time to put ideas together, dig up old threads. Wow.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:30 pm
I really like the idea. Maybe like once a month: pick a topic, give 5-6 people time to put ideas together, dig up old threads. Wow.
Right on!