BYP Responds to Elder Bednar - It is Inappropriate to Ask Questions on the Sabbath After the Sacrament

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
wenglund
Star A

Re: BYP Responds to Elder Bednar - It is Inappropriate to Ask Questions on the Sabbath After the Sacrament

Post by wenglund »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:50 pm
I like that!

Thanks.
I am so glad it resonated with you. Some people might have felt insulted to be compared with vain psycho-babbling. But, not you. If the shoe fits...

Thanks, Wade Englund
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: BYP Responds to Elder Bednar - It is Inappropriate to Ask Questions on the Sabbath After the Sacrament

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

wenglund wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:11 pm
Shulem wrote:
I like that!

Thanks.
I am so glad it resonated with you. Some people might have felt insulted to be compared with vain psycho-babbling. But, not you. If the shoe fits...

Thanks, Wade Englund
Another accusation-confession. The celibate Mormon heretic is really knocking it out of the park today!

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
wenglund
Star A

Post by wenglund »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:06 pm
Marcus wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:27 pm

Let’s see… the clarion call of the Flat Earth Society?
wenglund wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:59 pm
They are hardly inside-the-box-only thinkers I had in mind…
Of course not. That’s because your thinking is illogical and you don’t realize that what you sound like to others is nothing like the image you apparently have built up in your mind. That’s why getting an education and continuing to learn is so important.
It is ironic that you would say this since I have been offering you and others here a way to get educated and continue learning about spiritual things, Yet you all refuse to think outside the narrow confines of your materialistic box, and are even proud of such a narrow confinement and self-limiting perspective.

And, I get how I may sound within the echo chamber of that conformist box, and how the distortion within that box may give the false impression that my thinking is illogical--for, Inside The Box Rule #1: anything outside the box is illogical and fantastic and should be mocked. It is as if those of us with eyes to see should somehow be trouble by what the blind may think of us. That doesn't sound logical to me.

To each their own.

Thanks, Wade Englund
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

wenglund wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:41 pm
Marcus wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:06 pm

Of course not. That’s because your thinking is illogical and you don’t realize that what you sound like to others is nothing like the image you apparently have built up in your mind. That’s why getting an education and continuing to learn is so important.
It is ironic that you would say this since I have been offering you and others here a way to get educated...
Oh my goodness. I think not. :roll:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

wenglund wrote:
Shulem wrote:
I like that!

Thanks.

Thanks, Wade Englund

The shoe fits. Would you please put the other one on too?

:lol:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:45 am
wenglund wrote:

Thanks, Wade Englund

:lol: You’re the best, Shulem.
wenglund
Star A

Post by wenglund »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:45 am
wenglund wrote:

Thanks, Wade Englund

How nice. A variation on the Pee Wee Herman theme.

you're the funny guy.

Thanks, Wade Englund-
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

IHAQ wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:31 am
Bednar himself hosted a Q&A on the Sabbath…
Looking out among 15,000 students in the BYU-Idaho Center here on Sunday, September 22, Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles moved his finger across the screen of his iPad and read a question.

It was one of approximately 11,000 anonymous questions texted to him during the devotional.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/chu ... d?lang=eng
Why is Bednar facilitating a Q&A session on the Sabbath when he denounces it in a separate breath as inappropriate? What is that telling us about the character of the man?
wenglund
Star A

Post by wenglund »

IHAQ wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:12 am
IHAQ wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:31 am
Bednar himself hosted a Q&A on the Sabbath…

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/chu ... d?lang=eng
Why is Bednar facilitating a Q&A session on the Sabbath when he denounces it in a separate breath as inappropriate? What is that telling us about the character of the man?
It wasn't the Sabbath that made the Q&A problematic (Sunday School and Priesthood/Relief Society meetings are held on the Sabbath, and often involve Q&A).

Rather, it was the Sacrament.

Thanks, Wade Englund
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

wenglund wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:51 am
IHAQ wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:12 am
It wasn't the Sabbath that made the Q&A problematic (Sunday School and Priesthood/Relief Society meetings are held on the Sabbath, and often involve Q&A).

Rather, it was the Sacrament.

Thanks, Wade Englund
Which is entirely irrelevant. So a question makes the sacrament null and void or something?! That is truly nonsense. It was Bednar's way of saying I am not here to teach you, I want to lecture, and by gosh I am gonna lecture.