Graham Hancock, Mopologist

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Graham Hancock, Mopologist

Post by Kishkumen »

Not literally, but this is exactly like apologetics for Book of Mormon historicity:
That archaeologists have not found material evidence that would convince them of the existence of a lost civilization of the Ice Age, is not by any means compelling evidence that no such civilization could have existed. The axiom is old but true that “absence of evidence is not evidence of absence” – especially so in the case of archaeology when only limited areas of the Earth’s surface have ever been subject to archaeological survey at all.
See https://ahotcupofjoe.net/2023/01/graham ... tid=Zxz2cZ
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Graham Hancock, Mopologist

Post by Philo Sofee »

I'm seriously tempted to ask him onto my show.......
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I tried to watch that series, made it through the first episode.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:20 am
I'm seriously tempted to ask him onto my show.......
Please do! I listened to a podcast with him, Joe Rogan and Michael Shermer. It was a hoot.

Graham was adamant that there was this vast pre-ice age civilization that was technologically superior to our society. Of course this vast civilization died out and left no trace of their existence. Sound familiar?
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:24 am
I tried to watch that series, made it through the first episode.
I didn’t make it to the point and click stage.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:26 am
Graham was adamant that there was this vast pre-ice age civilization that was technologically superior to our society. Of course this vast civilization died out and left no trace of their existence. Sound familiar?
Part of the stupidification industry. Kinda like Mopologetics. Too much exposure is a hazard to good thinking.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I mean, sure, who wouldn’t think the possibility of lost advanced civilizations or fairies or the Loch Ness monster is fun? But it is important to draw a line somewhere. There has to be a fact vs. fantasy line.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:39 am
I mean, sure, who wouldn’t think the possibility of lost advanced civilizations or fairies or the Loch Ness monster is fun? But it is important to draw a line somewhere. There has to be a fact vs. fantasy line.
As long as you recognise that Nessie sits (or swims) firmly on the 'fact' side of the line :)
Last edited by malkie on Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

malkie wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:26 am
As long as you recognise that Ness sits (or swims) firmly on the 'fact' side of the line :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Far be it from me to disrespect Ole Nessie.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

The Rev wrote:I didn’t make it to the point and click stage.
Ah, that explains why you backed off on the apologetics parallel. Had you watched the first episode, you'd double down on your initial summary. This guy could join the Old Guard tomorrow. Episode 1 is filled with him blasting mainstream academia.