No Miracle in Writing a Book

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: No Miracle in Writing a Book

Post by MG 2.0 »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:26 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:05 pm

When I popped back into this board it was no surprise to see another rehash/repeat of the same ol’ same ol’.

That was my point and my reference to the link I sent you to…if you reddit.com 🙂

It’s hard for those leaving the church or those having left the church to leave the Book of Mormon alone. You/they are ALWAYS fascinated with this book and are compelled to continue your revisits to the book and rehash the same arguments against it.

Over and over again, ad nauseam.

Regards,
MG
If the church shut down the missionary work and attempts at bringing back the supposed lost sheep, participation on sites like this would diminish significantly. Claiming over and over again how we supposedly aren't going to get the made up reward if we don't submit to church authority tends to wear on people and they need somewhere to vent. Stop with the pressure, stop with the nonsense and we'll leave it alone.
I think the “pressure” gimmick is overblown.

Regards,
MG
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:24 pm

You don't, why should we?
When I popped back into this board it was no surprise to see another rehash/repeat of the same ol’ same ol’.

That was my point and my reference to the link I sent you to…if you reddit.com 🙂

It’s hard for those leaving the church or those having left the church to leave the Book of Mormon alone. You/they are ALWAYS fascinated with this book and are compelled to continue your revisits to the book and rehash the same arguments against it.

Regards,
MG
That's because you and the church keep missing the point(s)...... you're all as dull as the Apostles of Jesus were in the Gospels about grasping reality. See especially the Gospel of Mark. Actually, Matthew and Luke are probably even more prominent in showing the density of comprehension of the apostles...
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

MG 2.0 wrote:You/they are ALWAYS fascinated with this book and are compelled to continue your revisits to the book and rehash the same arguments against it.
Well, it sounds like you guys have something in common.

That's nice, isn't it?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:22 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:You/they are ALWAYS fascinated with this book and are compelled to continue your revisits to the book and rehash the same arguments against it.
Well, it sounds like you guys have something in common.

That's nice, isn't it?
:lol:
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:04 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:

Regards,
MG
That's because you and the church keep missing the point(s)...... you're all as dull as the Apostles of Jesus were in the Gospels about grasping reality. See especially the Gospel of Mark. Actually, Matthew and Luke are probably even more prominent in showing the density of comprehension of the apostles...
Some people do not realize that they commit their entire lives to a snipe hunt.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

I can’t believe some people devote their entire lives to defending the idea a guy dictated a book with a rock.

I came close to doing just that.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

consiglieri wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:49 pm
I can’t believe some people devote their entire lives to defending the idea a guy dictated a book with a rock.

I came close to doing just that.
Right?
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Philo Sofee wrote:
MG 2.0 wrote:

Regards,
MG
That's because you and the church keep missing the point(s)...
Which are? Apparently I missed them…

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Rivendale wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:41 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:

Have you located the left handed bacon press yet?

Regards,
MG
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:55 am
Rivendale wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:41 pm

Have you located the left handed bacon press yet?

Regards,
MG
The only press associated with this conversation is the expositor. The many lives of Kevin Bacon should satisfy the other comment.