No Miracle in Writing a Book

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: No Miracle in Writing a Book

Post by MG 2.0 »

Rivendale wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:06 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:55 am

Have you located the left handed bacon press yet?

Regards,
MG
The only press associated with this conversation is the expositor. The many lives of Kevin Bacon should satisfy the other comment.
Well done sir.

Off to look for more snipes…

Tally ho!

Regards,
MG
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

consiglieri wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:49 pm
I can’t believe some people devote their entire lives to defending the idea a guy dictated a book with a rock.

I came close to doing just that.
But is that really remarkable? What’s to defend? I mean, let’s say he did dictate it with a rock. So?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:31 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:26 pm

If the church shut down the missionary work and attempts at bringing back the supposed lost sheep, participation on sites like this would diminish significantly. Claiming over and over again how we supposedly aren't going to get the made up reward if we don't submit to church authority tends to wear on people and they need somewhere to vent. Stop with the pressure, stop with the nonsense and we'll leave it alone.
I think the “pressure” gimmick is overblown.

Regards,
MG
People don't like being bothered by salespeople. I think that has something to do with the recent poll where cojcolds didn't fare well. https://today.yougov.com/topics/society ... ougov-poll

Sure one could blame the lgbtq stance, but we were hated well before that came on the scene. And notice the JWs are just below us in unpopularity, a church that will go door to door. People really get turned off by aggressive salespeople, too. So, you can waive your hand at it, but, it has an effect that cannot be discounted.

We were taught as missionaries, that it's so important to chase after the lost sheep that pretty much anything justifies that end. The church teaches missionaries to be aggressive because eternity is on the line. Don't take no for an answer says the MP and the GA during their special zone conference. But, to acknowledge being a pest might diminish the effectiveness of the sales force, so, sure, it's overblown.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.