DCP’s Mormon scholars testify: abandoned?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: DCP’s Mormon scholars testify: abandoned?

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Thanks to Dr. Shades, Huckleberry and Kish, I went down a Frank Frazetta rabbit hole. I had no idea how popular he is as a painter. Several of his original paintings have sold for millions (his viking painting just sold for 6 million dollars). His pencil/charcoal sketches are also selling for several hundred thousand dollars: https://comics.ha.com/comic-artist-inde ... 2202986296

Here are some of my favorite:

This one is called the Princess of Mars, and it's currently up for sale for the price of $1.8 million:

Here's one called The Mammoth:

The Siren:

The Eternal Champion:

Thuvia:

Death Dealer:

Ready For Battle:

Another painting of the Death Dealer:

Norseman:

Vikings:

Tree of Death:
Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

that last one with the snake is the best one. That's the painting Interpreter should by to put their all caps non-profit decree on.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:12 am
that last one with the snake is the best one. That's the painting Interpreter should by to put their all caps non-profit decree on.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

He is one of my all time favorite fantasy artists...
the green hooded figure picture is probably his version of the Holy Ghost visiting mankind....
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:01 pm
Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:48 pm
Those Book of Mormon illustrations always remind me of Conan The Barbarian book covers.
Conspicuously missing are any scantily clad women.
They're in the kitchen preparing refreshments..... :D
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

I adjusted my glasses and notice that there may be different views of the same pictures. I can see oddly bulging figures writhing around in meaningless fury.

I suppose I could readjust them not to offend folks.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:08 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:01 pm
Conspicuously missing are any scantily clad women.
They're in the kitchen preparing refreshments..... :D
Verified...
Russell M. Nelson: "Our Sacred Duty to Honor Women" (May 1999 Ensign) from Priesthood session:

"Tonight I am attending with a son, sons-in-law, and grandsons. Where are their mothers? Gathered in the kitchen of our home! What are they doing? Making large batches of homemade doughnuts! And when we return home, we will feast on those doughnuts. While we enjoy them, these mothers, sisters, and daughters will listen intently as each of us speaks of things he learned here tonight. It�s a nice family tradition, symbolic of the fact that everything we learn and do as priesthood bearers should bless our families
the sexist arrogance just drips from this guy. But then, he is the person whose wife, after giving birth to 9 girls, got pregnant again at 48, after many years of not being pregnant, risking her life with an emergency c-section in order to... (finally!) give Nelson a SON.
...these mothers, sisters, and daughters will listen intently...
Too many Mormon men are raised thinking this is normal.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:54 pm
Russell M. Nelson: "Our Sacred Duty to Honor Women" (May 1999 Ensign) from Priesthood session:

"Tonight I am attending with a son, sons-in-law, and grandsons. Where are their mothers? Gathered in the kitchen of our home! What are they doing? Making large batches of homemade doughnuts! And when we return home, we will feast on those doughnuts. While we enjoy them, these mothers, sisters, and daughters will listen intently as each of us speaks of things he learned here tonight. It�s a nice family tradition, symbolic of the fact that everything we learn and do as priesthood bearers should bless our families
the sexist arrogance just drips from this guy. But then, he is the person whose wife, after giving birth to 9 girls, got pregnant again at 48, after many years of not being pregnant, risking her life with an emergency c-section in order to... (finally!) give Nelson a SON.
...these mothers, sisters, and daughters will listen intently...
Too many Mormon men are raised thinking this is normal.
Marcus, taken aback I thought is the date wrong? It is not 1950 or perhaps 1910. I have a suspicion that the claims are stretched and fanciful for those earlier time. Perhaps 1999 is trying to double down and exceed past attitudes. Block those changes I guess, man the barricades.
/// adding
Sounds like a weird fantasy to me but perhaps if you are far enough up the organizational ladder peopel cater to your little desires.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

test
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:25 am
test
Yea!! Successful test!!!!