Mike Parker: The Ultimate Mopologetic Bootlick?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Mike Parker: The Ultimate Mopologetic Bootlick?

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

One interesting note I want to bring up from Smoot’s “review” of David R. Hocking’s and Rodney L. Meldrum’s Annotated Edition of the Book of Mormon found here:

https://www.plonialmonimormon.com/2019/ ... art-1.html

It was a collaborative effort with Matthew Roper, Neal Rappleye, and Jasmin Gimenez Rappleye. So, the anti-Heartlanders really are a “cartel” of 2C’ers who have spent a fairly large amount of time taking Meldrum et al down. Just look at how Smoot frames the Heartlanders here:

https://www.plonialmonimormon.com/2018/ ... ullet.html
The so-called Heartland model for the geography of the Book of Mormon is built on a foundation of fraud. Fraudulent artifacts, fraudulent science, fraudulent theology, and fraudulent history secured in place by racist ethno-nationalism are the four cornerstones of Heartlanderism.
Sound familiar? The same kind of language and vitriol permeates the hate blog Neville-Neville Land. Another quote from Smoot to drive home the point:
Heartlanders such as the monomaniacal Jonathan Neville … With an inquisitorial and self-righteous fanaticism, Neville has denounced … [various church outfits - Doc] which includes the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve) as useful idiots at best or subversive fifth columnists at worst in spreading apostate views of the Book of Mormon that undermine faith, sow confusion and discord amongst the Saints, retard the Church’s growth, hinder the Church’s missionary efforts, and compromise confidence in Joseph Smith and other prophets.
This is all out ideological war being waged by the Mopologists and the Heartlanders. The Mopologists routinely use vicious language, colluding and collaborating to, on the one hand being acerbic dickholes, and on the other hand proclaiming they want genteel dialogue and are themselves the victims of being verbally attacked.

:roll:

More Smootian antagonistics here:

https://www.plonialmonimormon.com/2018/ ... ullet.html

https://www.plonialmonimormon.com/2018/ ... ormon.html

https://www.plonialmonimormon.com/2018/ ... hi-10.html

And again the 13-part epic attack on ‘H&M’:

https://www.plonialmonimormon.com/2019/ ... art-1.html

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

It looks like Dr. Scratch nailed it.

Peter Pan is Mike Parker

Captain Hook is Stephen Smoot
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:39 am

Peter Pan is Mike Parker

Would that make Louis Midgley the alligator and perhaps Dr. Peterson as Tinker Bell?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Peter Pan is Mike Parker

i think you're on to something...
Smoot 2018

...My defensiveness has nothing to do with M2C and everything to do with having calumnies spoken of me in public...

...Contrary to the narrative Neville must apparently be spreading amongst his followers, this is not a case of [Book of Mormon Central] censoring him out of fear of his ideas, but because he has, repeatedly, slandered and attacked BMC employees and researchers. As long as he keeps doing this, we’ll have nothing to do with him...
Captain Hook 2019

...Typically, after one of his characteristically conspiracy-mongering and slanderous blog posts that speak all sorts of calumnies about employees at Book of Mormon Central, employees of the Church History Department, or volunteers at FairMormon and The Interpreter Foundation, Neville will...
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Dr. Scratch wrote:Very interesting! So, it would seem that, just like in 2011-2012--just prior to their expulsion from the Maxwell Institute--the Mopologists have a "traitor" in the midst once again! How perfectly fitting.
It certainly is possible. As the Old Guard shrinks, they'll look upon each other with growing suspicion when they meet in their sacred wood-fired pizza parlors. "I wonder if it is he...?"

If there is a traitor, it has to be one of them. And there aren't a lot of them left.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:38 am

Peter Pan is Mike Parker

i think you're on to something...
Smoot 2018

...My defensiveness has nothing to do with M2C and everything to do with having calumnies spoken of me in public...

...Contrary to the narrative Neville must apparently be spreading amongst his followers, this is not a case of [Book of Mormon Central] censoring him out of fear of his ideas, but because he has, repeatedly, slandered and attacked BMC employees and researchers. As long as he keeps doing this, we’ll have nothing to do with him...
Captain Hook 2019

...Typically, after one of his characteristically conspiracy-mongering and slanderous blog posts that speak all sorts of calumnies about employees at Book of Mormon Central, employees of the Church History Department, or volunteers at FairMormon and The Interpreter Foundation, Neville will...
Yep. Smoot’s ‘key words’ show up over and over again when bitching about Heartlander. A couple of examples:

Ploni Almoni:
The attempt by the editors of the AEBOM to restrict the boundaries of Zion and the Book of Mormon’s “land of promise” to only the “heartland” of the United States is at fundamental odds with what Latter-day Saint prophets and apostles have taught beginning with Joseph Smith. It signifies their nationalistic ideology …
NNL:
Because Heartlanders have a highly nationalistic view of the role of the United States in prophecy, they reject the teaching of modern prophets and apostles that the modern descendants of the Lamanites are found throughout North and South America.
Ploni Almoni:
That Hocking and Meldrum only selectively cite Pratt in those few instances where his views align with theirs is indicative of their overall methodological sloppiness.
NNL:
“Professor" Delores Cahill, who is no longer a professor, since she was relieved of her position at the University College of Dublin earlier this year. Cahill’s credentials are impressive, but she started going off the rails around 2016 when she published a peer-reviewed paper on HPV that was later retracted due to methodological problems.
- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Another:

Smoot:
Despite paying lip service to “accept[ing]” this fact, the editors of the AEBOM act is if there’s no controversy at all. They act as if there is demonstrable genetic evidence for ancient Hebrew migrations to North America.
CPT Hook:
Jonathan Neville really doesn’t like Book of Mormon Central (BMC). Oh sure, he’ll pay insincere lip service to how wonderful BMC employees and researchers are, but he wants his readers to know that BMC is nothing more than a nest of censorious conspirators.
toon
CTR B

Post by toon »

Is there a similar debate out there among Santa cultists over whether his workshop is at true north or the magnetic pole?

Which one is engaging in fraud?

Notice I didn't say anything about race, because we all know those magnetic northers are all damned racists.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

That’s very interesting, Dr. Cam. So, perhaps I was right all along in thinking that Smoot was involved with NNL? It’s very clear that he has something of a “vendetta” against the Heartlanders, but perhaps the Mopologists are playing games here?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:17 am
That’s very interesting, Dr. Cam. So, perhaps I was right all along in thinking that Smoot was involved with NNL? It’s very clear that he has something of a “vendetta” against the Heartlanders, but perhaps the Mopologists are playing games here?
Of course they are. And he’s not the only one involved with the NNL blog. As such, dishonesty is baked into Mormonism, and the Mopologists revel in it - hence why they lie about doing what they’re doing on the NNL blog.

- Doc