Mike Parker is back from his 1 day break to smear Bill Reel

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Re: Mike Parker is back from his 1 day break to smear Bill Reel

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Is this the entry where “Peter Pan” responds to the inquiry that Pynakker directed to Nygren?

https://www.nevillenevilleland.com/2022 ... e.html?m=1
* I inadvertantly misquoted Pynakker when I posted this blog. Pynakker pointed this out recently, and I’ve corrected the error. (Although, to be honest, I don’t see a qualitative difference between “the hour of Jonathan” and “the Jonathan Neville moment.”) —November 11, 2022.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

It’s also funny Mike suddenly has a problem with posting a link to this forum, after saying this last year:
“Mike Parker” wrote: “Doctor Scratch,” perpetual gadfly and blowhard
By Peter | Tags: Administrative notices, Childish behavior, Self-awareness
We interrupt our regularly scheduled blog to bring you amusing developments over at DiscussMormonism.com.

An individual who calls himself “Doctor Scratch” has been criticizing Daniel Peterson and other Latter-day Saint apologists for over fifteen years now. Peterson refers to him as “my Malevolent Stalker,” and not without good reason.
The longer this goes on, the more a “Mike Parker Mormon” google search will bring you straight to the threads here on our humble corner of the internet.

Just apologize, Mike. And while you’re at it maybe have your friends apologize too. Repentance is the first step, if I remember my Mormon Doctrine right.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:06 am
Is this the entry where “Peter Pan” responds to the inquiry that Pynakker directed to Nygren?

* I inadvertantly misquoted Pynakker when I posted this blog. Pynakker pointed this out recently, and I’ve corrected the error. (Although, to be honest, I don’t see a qualitative difference between “the hour of Jonathan” and “the Jonathan Neville moment.”) —November 11, 2022.
Yes, and If I recall correctly, pynnaker said that on the podcast he addressed his complaint about being misquoted directly to Nygren, with no reference to Peter Pan or even nevillenevileland. If I recall correctly, he believed at the time that Peter Pan was Nygren because of boylan’s comment, but had no way to contact him (of course) and so addressed his comment to Nygren. What you posted above is Parker responding to pynnaker, WITHOUT explaining he is not Nygren, but just letting the facade stand.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:21 am
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:06 am

Yes, and If I recall correctly, pynnaker said that on the podcast he addressed his complaint about being misquoted directly to Nygren, with no reference to Peter Pan or even nevillenevileland. If I recall correctly, he believed at the time that Peter Pan was Nygren because of boylan’s comment, but had no way to contact him (of course) and so addressed his comment to Nygren. What you posted above is Parker responding to pynnaker, WITHOUT explaining he is not Nygren, but just letting the facade stand.
Exactly. He directed his comment to Nygren as Pan.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:23 am
Marcus wrote:

Oof. I think that’s what Mike Parker calls an “incredible self own.”
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Dr Moore wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Yes. When I said “no reference to Pan” I meant that it was obvious that he asked Nygren to not misquote him because he had heard boylan say Nygren ran that blog and so to him, Pan was Nygren,

And Parker Pan responded to the request to Nygren, clearly and unequivocally as though he was Nygren.

Parker’s protestations now are simply facile stammerings to avoid responsibility. Like cowards do.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:33 am
Dr Moore wrote:
Oof. I think that’s what Mike Parker calls an “incredible self own.”
Yes.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

I’m willing to answer honest, sincere questions about this incident in the comments.

Mike Parker [“Peter Pan”]
No, he's not.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Pynakker told Richard Nygren that Nygren had misquoted him, and Mike Parker edited the quote.

Instead of correcting the record, when there had been multiple opportunities to do so, Parker chose to play the part of Richard Nygren, whom alt-right Mopolotroll Robert Boylan made up.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow